Question Temperature and other stuff

Jun 25, 2019
My computer is an Omen 17 AN105 with an i7-8750H 2.20GHz with a GeForce GTX1060 .
It is a brand new computer with 3 days.
I read a post saying that a Gpu and CPU temperature of 60 or so degrees celsius would be dangerous for the computer.
When im doing my work , without pushing the computer to the limits ( doing just some multi-tasking) the temperature is always around 50ºC never less.
When i do play games , however , it can reach 70ºC even 80ºC ....
Should i be worried ?
What should i do ?
I'm shooked.... i spent 1800€ in this baby .... i want it to last on not be worried with the computer melting or having the need to spend more money on it ....

Thanks for the help , i really needed it
Henrique Costa

Lutfij

Titan
No, they're both fine. If the temps are beyond their limits, they will throttle to lower speeds and voltages and if that is exceeded, the system will shut down to protect itself. People have tried to undervolt the CPU to end up with lower heat dump but you're going to have to do that at your own risk and after you've read up on the articles on the www if that's possible on your unit as there are some manufacturers who have BIOS updates that prevent undervolting(or user modifications that can be used as warranty claims).

Reactions: Portuguese Guy
Jun 25, 2019
No, they're both fine. If the temps are beyond their limits, they will throttle to lower speeds and voltages and if that is exceeded, the system will shut down to protect itself. People have tried to undervolt the CPU to end up with lower heat dump but you're going to have to do that at your own risk and after you've read up on the articles on the www if that's possible on your unit as there are some manufacturers who have BIOS updates that prevent undervolting(or user modifications that can be used as warranty claims).
So im good ? can i game in peace ?