I did a fresh install of FS9 about 2 weeks ago, loaded up my AI craft and FS
Genesis terrain but now I have a problem with Alaska coastlines.

Everywhere else in the "world" the coastlines are fine but when I fly in
Alaska the coastlines are big blocks, no coastline at all. I tried
uninstalling FS Genesis but the coast is still just big blocks.

Is there any way to fix this without re-installing FS9 again? It is a
painstaking tasks loading all of the add-ons.

Any help would be much appreciated

Mike

Mike Kelly <mikelly@carolina.nospam.rr.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to fix this without re-installing FS9 again? It is a
> painstaking tasks loading all of the add-ons.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

Actually, this reads like a pretty simple problem: Tthe uninstall of the
default coastlines happened but the FSGenesis enhanced coastlines were not
properly installed.

I would suggest posting this question over on the www.fsgenesis.net forum
as I am sure the fix is pretty simple and will not require the reloading of
the sim.

--
Peter

HI Mike,

Have you installed any third-party shorelines? like Misty Fjords, or others
by Holger Sandmann? These will usually rename the default coastline BGLs,
and install replacements. sounds like you have removed the replacements,
but haven't re-renamed the default coastline BGLs.

Justin\FSG

"Mike Kelly" <mikelly@carolina.nospam.rr.com> wrote in message
>I did a fresh install of FS9 about 2 weeks ago, loaded up my AI craft and
>FS Genesis terrain but now I have a problem with Alaska coastlines.
>
> Everywhere else in the "world" the coastlines are fine but when I fly in
> Alaska the coastlines are big blocks, no coastline at all. I tried
> uninstalling FS Genesis but the coast is still just big blocks.
>
> Is there any way to fix this without re-installing FS9 again? It is a
> painstaking tasks loading all of the add-ons.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Mike

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I tried just extracting the scenery file
from disk 3 and it looks great now, apparently one file was not copied
during installation.

Again thanks for the help

Nice to know if one has a question they have a place to get help and
suggestions.

"FSGenesis" <justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> HI Mike,
>
> Have you installed any third-party shorelines? like Misty Fjords, or
> others by Holger Sandmann? These will usually rename the default
> coastline BGLs, and install replacements. sounds like you have removed
> the replacements, but haven't re-renamed the default coastline BGLs.
>
> Justin\FSG
>
> "Mike Kelly" <mikelly@carolina.nospam.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I did a fresh install of FS9 about 2 weeks ago, loaded up my AI craft and
>>FS Genesis terrain but now I have a problem with Alaska coastlines.
>>
>> Everywhere else in the "world" the coastlines are fine but when I fly in
>> Alaska the coastlines are big blocks, no coastline at all. I tried
>> uninstalling FS Genesis but the coast is still just big blocks.
>>
>> Is there any way to fix this without re-installing FS9 again? It is a
>> painstaking tasks loading all of the add-ons.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated
>>
>> Mike

Stick around for the next five years and see just how much help there IS
available :)

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Arthur

Why? What's happening in 5 years?

Arthur

"pr" wrote:

> Actually, this reads like a pretty simple problem: Tthe uninstall of the
> default coastlines happened but the FSGenesis enhanced coastlines were not
> properly installed.
>
> I would suggest posting this question over on the www.fsgenesis.net forum
> as I am sure the fix is pretty simple and will not require the reloading
> of
> the sim.

What are "FSGenesis enhanced coastlines "? Never heard about that before.

Cheers,
Jan

Arthur wrote:
> Why? What's happening in 5 years?
>
> Arthur

You will get as much help as I have during the last five years which is A
LOT !

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

Arthur

Yeah......I'm told 5 years of help would do me some good : - \