Question Terrible Fortnite Input Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchldlg

Reputable
Nov 1, 2016
Hey, ever since I started playing Fortnite, I've been getting terrible input lag that I don't experience on any other game I'm playing like CS:GO, PUBG and H1Z1. It lasted for season after season which led me to believe it was a fault in my hardware, therefore I replaced almost every part in my PC, hell, even the case, peripherals and got myself a new 144hz monitor which didn't change a thing at all - I still feel like I'm dragging my mouse through mud most of the time...

I've played with countless of settings, tweaks and optimizations every single day to no avail, reinstalled windows multiple times and the problem still persists, it's getting to a point where I'm going to simply give up on the game due to it being too costly just to get a damn smooth mouse movement. However, I'd be grateful if you guys share some tips on how to get rid of (or reduce) the input lag, so I can finally play normally and enjoy the game. I'll list my components below, thanks in advance!

Components
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.4GHz (55-60C during gaming)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6gb (73-83C during gaming)
Cooler: DeepCool GAMMAX GT
Motherboard: MSI B350M Gaming Pro
Storage: 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 256gb
Memory: ADATA Gammix @ 2993MHz
PSU: SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 550W

Peripherals
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG241C @ 144Hz
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 110
Keyboard: SteelSeries Apex 150
Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

- All drivers are latest! -

Common methods to get rid of input lag that I've tried are the following:
  • Disabled mouse acceleration
  • Disabled high precision event timer (HPET)
  • Disabled background apps
  • Set VSync to OFF
  • Power settings set to high performance
  • Capped and uncapped my FPS tons of times

mchldlg

Reputable
Nov 1, 2016
I feel you @xShud - I can barely play any public games, because there's mad input lag even at the beginning of the game and let's not talk about competitive endgame, it's insane and unbearable even though my FPS seems stable...

P.S: Keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we'll find a solution, good luck to us I guess lol

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
I actually got my delay fixed by spending $25 on a pc tweaker from Twitter. It was a 30 min session and he went through tons of windows settings and tweaked tons of things for smoother performance. I'm not sure if it would work for you but I think it's definitely worth a shot.
I feel you @xShud - I can barely play any public games, because there's mad input lag even at the beginning of the game and let's not talk about competitive endgame, it's insane and unbearable even though my FPS seems stable...

P.S: Keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we'll find a solution, good luck to us I guess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.