Question Terrible FPS in CS:GO for this gaming laptop?

Jan 3, 2021
gpu: rtx 2060 mobile

cpu: i5 10300h

ram: 16g

My gpu driver is the latest. The graphics settings in CSGO are all set to the lowest and resolution is 1080p. The CPU usage is never above 70% when I run the game. I got 120-200 fps in dust 2 and can't keep 200 fps on average in all other maps.

I posted this issue on another forum but only got a reply saying the fps I get seems fair enough for the cpu.

Is this normal for this laptop? I thought with these specs I could get at least an average of 250 fps in this game ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention the make and model of the laptop as well as it's SKU. I'd try and compare the BIOS version you're right now for your laptop and what's the latest on your laptop's support site. If you have updates pending, make sure you work your way up gradually to the latest.

Following that, check and see what OS version you're at the moment. Then download the latest driver for your RTX card using Nvidia's support site. Use DDU to uninstall your drivers and then reinstall said drivers with the latest version, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.