Question The Audio output switches around alone

xCin1s

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2016
Hey Guys!

I'm having a little problem and can't figure out what it is.
My computer alone, will randomly switch around audio outputs and go back to the one I'm using, for example, I have 3 outputs, Speakers, TV, and Headphones, I'm listening to music with the HPs, and it switches to the Speakers, the music sounds out of those for a second and goes back to the HPs, It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for games, Whenever I'm playing a game and it does this, the game's sound goes off, music, videos and stuff playing alongside the game are still on, but the game's sound is muted. I have to exit the game and re-enter to get it working.
It's like when you start up a game like Skyrim with the Speakers as the main output and switch midgame to the HPs, the game's sound stays in the Speakers.

I have an ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0 with an Intel i5-9400 2.90GHz if that helps.

I hope you guys can help!

xCin1s

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2016
I would first download the audio drivers from the ASUS website and delete the audio drivers installed on your PC; check if they can be removed using the Programs and Feature utility, if not use the Device Manager and reinstall. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-H310M-E-R2-0/HelpDesk_Download/
I tried that but didn't fix the issue, then I reseted windows but keeping personal files from the Win10 Configurations, downloaded the drivers again, reseted the bios to default, downloaded the specific driver for the headphones from its website, and tried other USB ports for the Headphones, but the problem is still going. I have no idea what could be causing it.

xCin1s

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2016
It sounds like the head phone driver is conflicting with the Realtec driver. What headphones are you using ? It may be the Realtec drivers are trying to control the headphones. What happens if you don't load the head phone drivers?

My Thoughts exactly, I've been using some earbuds in the Realtek output and disconnected the Headphones in order to test if the problem was in the HPs, and It has been running smoothly, so I can say the Headphones are the problem, the thing is I don't know if its a hardware problem (Maybe the cable is a little iffy in some part, which I doubt because the sound and mic function perfectly, aside from the driver mishaps) or if it is as you say, the Realtek driver is trying to take over the Headphones.

I use Sentey Rudox Headphones (https://www.sentey.com/es/rudox2-gs-45752 ) Apparently it's not on the English page.

The thing is I've used this same one for over 2 years, and never had any sort of problem, I've only recently installed the actual Sentey Audio Driver in hopes of solving this problem. What would you guys recommend?

I would uninstall the Headphone software. If that doesn't work, I would,uninstall and reinstall the Realtek drivers. I would also check the Hardware Manager and see if any other auto drivers are installed. If there are try disabling them and see if the your problem resolves.

xCin1s

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2016
I would uninstall the Headphone software. If that doesn't work, I would,uninstall and reinstall the Realtek drivers. I would also check the Hardware Manager and see if any other auto drivers are installed. If there are try disabling them and see if the your problem resolves.

I just re-installed windows from a flash drive, formating both my HDD and SSD, reinstalled everything from scratch, and still, the error kept happening, I uninstalled every audio driver on the computer, and installed the ones from the ASUS webpage, went to the device manager and uninstalled and deleted every other audio driver. and it's still going on. I honestly have no idea what's going on anymore.
It's definitely the Headphones, but I don't think its a hardware issue, at least I hope not, something in this computer isn't all that keen on having those HPs plugged in.