The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 281 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Me and the sister went to the PC store yesterday, and she picked up a FX 8320, and a Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 motherboard. She was going the intel route, but seeing that she didn't want to spend that much, and wanted a decent CPU, she went with AMD. I had a H100i laying around, and cools that CPU pretty well.

After our family doctor visit, she was complaining about noises. Prolly buzzing noises from the radiator, I might have screwed in the drills too tight lol. But if the noise still happens, I got a Hyper 212 evo laying around, so I might give her that. I'll also need to see if the motherboard is a Rev 4.0.

That's my first time doing AMD, and surprisingly, their CPU's are easier to install, and coolers are easier to install. That is interesting IMO.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

My friend has that same guitar. He's also learning to play.

I started playing bass a few years ago but it was easy to pick up since I've played the violin for about ten years. I tried playing the guitar but I didn't put much effort into learning tabs/chords. The violin and bass are so much easier to play imo.

I have a Washburn XB 102, Peter Pereira (handcrafted from a small store), and a Douglas 5 string fretless. Haven't ventured into custom pickups yet.

My amp is a Crate BFX100 and I have a Digitech BP80 pedal.

My violin is a no name Chinese one and has a flamed back... I've been looking to buy a new (old) one for a while now.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I recently did two z97 builds with xeons 1230s and the cpu install while not crazy hard is definitely not as easy as amd. It is also a lot easier to bend the pins because they are so much finer, and its alot harder to confirm if its properly in since it doesn't just plop in like amd. The stock mounting hardware on amd is also a bit easier, for example with a hyper tx3, you have to screw on those bracket screw thingies on intel and if its off by a little you need to start over while on amd just line up those clips and flip the lever. Performance wise though, while amd is defintley not bad, intel is quite a bit better, considering they are actually updating their hardware more than once every like 4 years

Well I believed you cause I havent had it in a while! Heck, last week my dad was SHOUTING at them and they havent updated is. This is nonsense. Paying 100$ A DAY cause its up there and its not our fault. Thats over 2k so far cause the free storage ended and we have no control. On the phone with the agent.

You would be lucky to get $80 for that 7770. I would list it at $90 and the first person to offer you $75 gets it.

This shipping is nuts. A buddy of mine shipped a CAR from Japan to California on a boat, then on a car carrier from California to Maryland for a total of just $1500.

They are right. This may well not be the shipping company's fault. They might really be doing everything they can be, and not screwing you over. Sometimes this stuff happens with boats. It can go smoothly, or it can take a while. Perfectly normal.

Well I wasnt there, neither was my dad. It was my brother in dubai....this isnt the only problem we had. We paid 600$ and they said it didnt go through, but it did....and they didnt ship the stuff until we paid AGAIN. They are greedy #%@^ers lol.

Nahh, I bet they actually didn't do anything wrong. Your dad seems like a smart guy. If they breached contract in any way, you could go to court and have it all settled easily and get all your money back. Because no one has even started that process yet, it leads me to believe that they haven't actually done anything wrong.

Also, there is no chance your family paid 600 twice and never got reimbursed for the first one. If that's the case, you guys have no idea what you are doing, or you are just letting them take advantage of you. I very likely doubt either of these are true.

g-unit1111

Titan
Just got my D14 and got it installed. Man this thing is a beast. But I finally got normal system temps on the White Knight and have it running very stably at 3.9GHz at 33'C (only using MSI OC Genie), everything is good now.

Here's a picture of the CPU-Z screen shot from my PC:

cpuz.png

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I used to play Violin.. Been about 2 years since..

These hidden fees. Unless this is some noone company, which I HIGHLY doubt, as Tiny said, it should have been in the contract. Refer to the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(or Willy Wonka, I forget. One has Johnny Depp, one doesn't) for an example on ze fine print.

33C at Idle w/ OC. Nice. Stock is 3.4 Ghz right? What was the exact problem in case I missed it?

I hate alpacas. I have nothing against them, but these damn ACADEC guides... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.

g-unit1111

Titan

I was running an NZXT Kraken X61 but after losing a motherboard and nearly two months of tearing my hair out trying to solve the problem I finally determined that the X61 was to blame for the faulty motherboard. Then I got the new motherboard and CPU and finally got everything working but was getting very unstable temperatures. I finally had enough of the X61 and replaced it with a D14 and everything works great. I will eventually be RMA'ing the X61 and using it on a different machine.

Tiny - Yeah you're right, I think it was we sent the money...and a few months later they told us it didnt go through, which I asked and my dad said it didnt (i was wrong) but why tell us like 2 months after and not the next week atleast? Whatever Im just mad so...yeah. And turns out they didnt take the money yet, but they WILL once we get the container.

About the permit test... :( Was JUST about to set an appointment for the test in 2 days but you need proof that you took a drivers ED class...thats total BS man, SINCE WHEN?! So I gotta do that .... on the bright side, my dad said he will take me for a discovery flight in riverside this weekend :d (InshAllah) <-- Ignore that in the Brackets, I say it cause it makes me feel better so I dont jinx it :p That shows how much I love aviation. My wallpaper on my laptop, my twitter profile backround and my logo all airplane stuff. They said I can use a C150 but Imma pick the C172 if available.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I used to love Aviation when I was a kid. I used to live near an old airbase(I frequently saw old warplanes, i.e a Sopwith Camel,) and by an airport/museum. We had a B-17 flanked by 2 fighters do a really low flyover the school. Now... High School killed most of it...