The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 280 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RussK1

Splendid

Use EVGA precision 5.2.0

HERE

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014

I have tried using Evga PrecisionX, but that still limits it to 1.212v

RussK1

Splendid

It's the second version of the new Precision where EVGA issued a fix on voltage control which happened to be unlocked. Issue 5.2.3.0 reverted voltage control to ROM.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I have around 100$ (U.S. dollars), and since I was away from home during the holidays, didn't get much on Christmas day and collected some from grandparents and relatives and what not. Anyways, I am debating b/w new headphones, a mechanical keyboard, a good gaming mouse (probably not), 8 more gb ram, an h100i, etc... I don't really need more ram or a cpu cooler, because I'll probably get those in a bundle when I upgrade to either higher end amd, or an intel cpu, so I am more looking into peripherals. Either an mx brown keyboard, headphones, or possibly another one of these 23" asus monitors to replace my scratched old monitor, but that will also probably come later. Hmmm, does anybody know any good keyboards around 70-100$ with either browns or blacks?

I think that's what I just got too, but be advised they are NOT Cherry switches; they are a Thermaltake version. They offer almost no tactile feedback compared to the actual Cherry switches, but are otherwise solid.

It looks like they're two different products. I knew I wasn't getting Cherry switches, but hoped there'd be little if any difference. I'd rather have the feedback of the real deal, but I don't regret this keyboard; it otherwise seems decent.

I was gonna type that but I didnt want to say atleast there was good news...nothing is good. The java sea IS ONLY 151 feet which is great. So depth wont be an issue...just location...they said the trackers didnt go off after it vanished from the radar and it couldnt have flown more as military/civilian ATC's would have detected it. I think if it fell down, if for sure did go a bit further from where it lost contact unless it was straight down but they should see the speed and height and measure how far it could glide if the engines had died but I feel like something else happened, something that brought it down and the pilots had no control over....The issue is that they dont have the right submarine equipment to search under. So I am speculating that it likely (as most of us thing) crashed in the java sea, is at the bottom, but HOW and WHAT made it go down is a whole other story...With its height and speed, it could have glided quite the distance but clearly it didnt glide...maybe EMP storm? :Sigh:....i just hope they find it, and survivors.

See here, http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/pk-axc/#5240449

Zoom in, click play. Notice how they lose contact at FL32 going 469knts. The crew requested FL38 to avoid clouds cause there might have been a storm around and they lost contact very very soon after...so the flight radar didnt even show them elevating. I've been trying to figure out what may have happened but I get stuck right there....my speculations are an EMP storm, but there were SEVERAL, 3-5 other planes very near when it vanished so I doubt that, plus the weather people would know. Maybe a mechanical issue rather than nature...? I dont know man.

EDIT : I just read that the crew was denied to climb to FL38

It looks like Tt made a series of mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches, then they were able to find an OEM to make them similar (or even the same) switches for cheaper. I reckon they bought millions of them for cheap and started using them. If they work then that's a good thing. Mech keyboards were almost all over $100 last year. Nice to see more switch options and consequently a lower MSRP.

Just surprised my brother with a steel series rival mouse...which is my dream mouse :/ I dont even have gaming equipment. I have a crappy mouse and keyboard... :Sigh: I have 40 bucks but Im saving those for my discovery flight...

I play the guitar. I have an epiphone special 2. Been playing since mid-late 09 but is sure doesnt look/sound like i do anymore cause i had small hands and sucked so much back then. Waiting for it to be shipped with my PC...which means I havent played in 8 months...so i need to learn some new songs. I also need a new AMP...STRINGS...probably need to clean it and get the jack fixed cause its loose...Gosh so many things to buy.

Nice. I'm finally getting back into playing my electrics.

I have:
-Ibanez Artcore hollow-body electric - play mostly jazz
-ESP LTD F-50 with dimarzio liquifire neck pickup and Seymour Duncan Invader Bridge pickup - play thrash metal and grind core
-Gretsch Duo Jet with aftermarket Bigsby - play mostly blues and alternative
-Ovation Celebrity Deluxe acoustic/electric Limited edition flame top - Mostly play hipster junk and general whatever with this one

The amp I use is a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe full tube and I have like 15 pedals. Everything from a BOSS ME-70 fully programmable board to an Electro-Harmonic "Metal Muff" to a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah-Wah.

I was into messing with/ building/ playing with/ modifying guitars and guitar accessories before I was ever into computers. Played since I was like 8 so like basically 14 years.