The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 288 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nope. I could have 360 speakers, one for each degree, and it would make no difference. As MDBA recalled, I'm deaf in one ear, which means I have one channel only. If I want direction, it has to be through Sonic Radar, which means a ROG board, so the upgrade won't be cheap.

Jim that PC looks really nice.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
When you go back to the eye doctors after 2 years for a new pair of glasses(State Insurance thing), and the only frame that is covered is the one you have been wearing... I just chose one with a slightly different lense shape. Mergh.

@Jim
How is the AsRock board running?

I was a little concerned too, as I usually stick with Asus, but I wanted a blue/black theme this time around.

I've never been one to try and break any OC records so I didn't need the best mobo on the block, just one that I knew wasn't going to break on me. I trust Asrock at least that much.

Onus - I get that the money is a lot, but you have to spend money on yourself if it makes an everyday experience ( like audio) better! It should be a priority. What board are you looking at, also I know what a sonic radar is, but on the tesla :p But what is it with audio?

Has your brother competed in any US drifting (formula D or D1) sanctioned events?

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Sonic Radar is an Asus thing that will run in game and show you where footsteps, guns, etc.are and in what direction and proximity.

Yes, it is a graphical overlay like a radar screen that indicates direction and proximity of sound sources. Only Asus ROG boards have it. Their ROG sound card had it too, but I'm not seeing that available at Newegg now.

Oh, I didn't feel the least bit insulted.
My internet connection is sick. I tried to DL Farcry4 starting yesterday morning, but it was going to take 9-11 hours. Turns out my 12Mb/s connection wasn't even managing 1Mb/s. Frontier should be here today to check on it...

Onus - Do you have google fiber where you are? I REALLY want that lol. But now im starting to shift from always loving the internet for all of its vast capabilities to really loving it for teaching me things about flying....my dad said he'd pay the other half of the training, which all together would be around 5500 dollars ....but its pay as you go which is how everyone does it so I dont see how'd that work. Everyone I know who flies parents paid for their PPL but I dont feel good like having him pay it all....I'll feel bad. So I gotta figure something out. We'll see...I just hope to start flying more now. Im hooked.

Well it looks like my Thermaltake Poseidon bit the dust :( It has an internal short and wakes up my computer all the time. Also if you have static built up and touch anything connected to the common ground in the house the computer wakes up or shuts off. With the keyboard unplugged this does not happen. Guess it's time to make a trip to microcenter to get a cheap ($25-30) LED replacement to hold me over until I get another mech board.

Just tested mine too:
4035629631.png

be prepared to be shocked and amazed :)

Slower than 53% of Canada!
4035666256.png

Good thing I do not need upload speed. At one time this was actually good(many years back, not it is the slowest thing they offer, but it has no cap) I can get faster speeds, but with a cap I will pass.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Standard
Speed Explained
50 Mbps (Download)*
5 Mbps (Upload)*
$ 34 99
per mo. for 12 mos.

Time Warner's Standard Plan. I think it is being so slow due to the PC on wifi... Or maybe I need to call them when I tell my mom we are not getting the speeds we are paying for and somehow go to another Internet provider.. Or maybe they throttled me for downloading a few iso's...

TINY - THAT DOWNLOAD SPEED DOE. The upload :p Why do you have to wait to get another mech board? But when you do, consider the K70...?
Nuke - Could use a BIT more upload :p
D34TH - You're download is like mine lol. I use time warner but we upgraded FROM standard to something...idk.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Lol, I'm getting about half of the download we are paying for. But I assume that is due to the wifi our PC has to be on. Why? My mom didn't want a hole drilled in the kitchen to get to the PC, and instead, the router is under my bed.

I personally do not like Corsair very much, so I will not be buying a K70. I will admit that my M95 mouse is awesome though. I don't want to spend the money on a $100+ board right now. After spending ALOT on my car in the last 2 weeks, I find it irresponsible to buy a $100 keyboard when I could just get a $25 board that will hold me over until I am comfortable buying another mech board.

Also my speeds are slow today. We pay for 100/25.

Lol UNDER your bed? Haha. The router and all of that is downstairs...in the living room...behind the TV.....And I have the furthest room from that in the house, just my luck, just like how it was in the UAE. But Luckily I made an awesome purchase, kinda pricy, but its a wifi extender TP link so I have full bars.

Tiny - Ah I remember you dont like corsair now, cause we had talked about my H100i...which i hope still works. Um but from now on Im fine with my cheap mouse which is nice and a nice normal keyboard...money I get from now on will go towards aviation. Spoke to the shipping people, they will try to get us to have our stuff THIS WEEK...but thats what they said last week. The thing is when I get my PC and my Guitar back, its not gonna be like getting them back, its gonna be like 2 new gifts! its been that long.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Prepare to laugh:

AT&T Uverse really sucks bad, I was waiting for fiber as it is in the list to come to my city, but I may just move to comcast, as this is just depressing. Seriously...

4035902331.png

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I know right.... its terrible, my steam downloads are at 300KBps..... is Comcast any good? And btw my dad is paying almost 50$ a month for this, not really a good deal at all, and I'm the only one on the network right now