The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 308 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Thanks. Im sure he is paid but his overclocking guide has nothing to do with a bunch of that stuff. So just to make sure I have everything I need...HW monitor, CPU Z, Prime 95....How long do you recommend I run Prime after each time?

I mean it is still safe at 84 technically. If it hits that in the Burn test, then it is ok, but if it does that while gaming and normal use it is pretty bad. I would use 90c as the "OH MAN STOP THE TEST" point.

Remember that the max safe temperature stated by Intel for that CPU is 72.7c.

Haha dont be! First of all, I cant even change the ratio to Sync all Cores or whatever. I have to use the + and - to raise which is ok, second, I HAVE LIKE 10 CPU VOLTAGE OPTIONS AND I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO USE! Lol Im sure its the" CPU CORE" Voltage one lol

Im thinking If i should start from my 4.0 Ghz OC profile. 4.0 1.6v

Nvm it cant cause its not the same WHOLE settings...

eDIT : Did not start yet.....I cant get the CPU ratio to be at all cores.....

Aha I may have got it, Dynamic or fixed mode? Probably dynamic.

Ok 4.0ghz 1.2v just so I can get an idea. Gonna boot and run INTEL BURN. H100i fans and all at Performance mode is what Ill do , not max

Cant run Burn on MAX cause i cant use more memory than I have so ill do VERY HIGH

Alright test is going. 10 times, Very high, 4096MB. ALL threads, 4 ghz, 1.2v

5 times in, cpu wot get over 70c. I feel like 10 times isnt enough but whatever, knowing me I wont max out my CPU usage daily. Also after this if it passes, Should I just raise the ratio and try to keep the voltage low or also raise the voltage by like...idk.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
No, keep the voltage the same and bump up the ratio little by little(e.g 4.0.. 4.1... 4.2...) and See how it goes. When you can't boot or in you get a crash in burn test, then bump up voltage A LITTLE BIT.