The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
That some people would be me :) I've already stated why the I/O shield is needed however I also did state that you should post a pic of the offence :p since a picture is worth more than words!

:)

Uploading images?
Which site are you hosting your images on?
imgur, photobucket, imageshack?

imgur but i dont have a camera. Only me nexus 4 which has a good camera but its just annoying to upload pics with it..Lemme take some pics, upload to imgur using my phone, email those links to me and put them here. Also lutfij, you and someone else told me it can short it out

Ok well im uploading to imgur using my phone....i took 2 pics of the rear IO for you guys to check out. And when I put them, PLEASE IGNORE the brown PCB in some of the pics i used flash in. It looks black in person.

Lutfij

Titan
We can't dis you for a discolored PCB, son, relax and post away!

In order to add an image here just place tags at the front and end of your image link
eg: [img ]yourlinkhere[ /img]

replace the text with your image link and finally remove the spaces between the brackets:)

Ok. Here is my PC. THE LONG AWAITED MOMENT.

Specs

i5 4670k 3.4ghz
Sapphire toxic R9 280x 3gb 384bit
2x4 8gb g.skill ripjaw x series 1600mhz ram
MSI Z87 GD65 gaming motherboard
1TB Seagate barracuda 7200RPM HDD
Corsair H100i Liquid CPU cooler (With SP120 HP fans on)
Rear AF140 red led fan
XFX 750w 80+ Gold fully modular PSU
All in one Corsair AIR 540 (My game cube)

LSS: Why did i get the air 540? I dont want to wait 1 month more. This came in 2 days. I love it!
What is the monitor? LG24EA53VP 5mms IPS 1080p 24inch
yes I need a new Mouse and keyboard.

mvvqyge.jpg

09Lch5I.jpg

dkgXyyM.jpg

n5fxHBA.jpg

VUTROZk.jpg

S5FfRIY.jpg

711wqTB.jpg

MV3ZB4X.jpg

tKRS8fh.jpg

mvvqyge.jpg

there is the rear IO thing.

There it is! See those PCIE cables that look messy? I fixed that. I used one cable. So ignore that part.

AND I DID THE CABLE MANAGEMENT in the back BAD ON PURPOSE. No heat there :)

PSU fan is on hybrid. Thats why its not spinning

as you can clearly see, I am an audiophile.... With those tiny cheap speakers...hehe

Tell me what you think!

Lutfij

Titan
1| you may want to investigate that pic since to me it looks like its making contact with that USB 3.0 port. If it was meant to be that way, we all wouldn't be the odd ones out of that crowd being enthusiasts.
2| I like the look of your system, nice going mate and the patience has paid off right?
3| I see no need to use two separate cables. 1 cable from your psu has sufficient connectors to make both the 6 pin and 8 pin power connections. This will eliminate some cable clutter from your hair :)
4| makes me wonder if my OCD is overkill since I zipped past that "behind motherbaord tray" picture :p

ok i moved it away. But there is one near the killer Ethernet which is hard to get out

what is an easy fix? UNSCREW THE MOBO ONLY and just trying moving it or do i need to remove everything?

Lutfij

Titan
Y'know, if you do plan on redoing your wires, its best if you can disassemble everything(except leaving cpu cooler on the mobo socket) and take care of that rear I/O shield issue. Its wise to strike off as many birds with one stone, don't you think?

The other benefit in doing so is you already know pretty much the placements and positioning of the cables on your case relative to their cutouts and mobo sockets/connections. You already have a gauge to work off of.

Final pointer - get yourself a bag of zipties - if you can find a bundle of multi colored zipties, you can go crazy with making colored/combo'd cable bunches and would stand out as accents in your black case.

example:
prodigy-bkrd-traydrive_08.jpg