The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 560 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I paid half and the other half was a gift from my parents. It was my first "expensive" guitar. Honestly I might sell it. I don't play it as much as I should. It is one of only 2 guitars I own that was bought new. I LOVE second hand guitars. MUCH better than buying new.

The Epiphone special II is a great beginner's guitar. Very versatile, like all beginner guitars, but it actually does work for many genres unlike many entry level guitars that try to be good at it all but really suck at everything. (looking at you squire strat)

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
My friend plays guitar a LOT... By that I mean he puts his albums up for sale online... no clue what the prices are what genre etc...
So it turns out that laptop doesn't turn on. I will test monday with a mint 32 bit and memtest 86+. Eitherway, I know FOR SURE the HDD works since we plugged it into windows. and Since it's SATA all I need is a SATA cord... and since there are quite literally a couple hundred in that room scattered around in boxes and whatnot.... Noone will miss one and I am kinda owed so...

In other words, I got someone "arrested" and placed in Juvenile Hall.... What that kid did is entirely crazy and deserves it after past unpunished infractions... It has something to do with Tor, Kali, and connecting to networks with no permission from anyone...

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
He connected his router to a network with no permissions, and had several tools such as aircrack,wireshark, nmap, etc running constantly whenever connected to a network. This was done at a College, a High School, and a Local Agency; Not in that order. For the high school, he did this every day.
It's not the fact that he used Tor(I have used it several times for testing and to get to the actual concept of how it works). It's the fact that he had those tools and was using them with no regard for anyone had possibly malicious use. This is both Kali 1.0 and 2.0, as well as some Windows, oh which he was using those tools on.

Tiny - Sell it if you dont use it.

Also, I am far from a beginner. I can show you some of my playing skills through an Audio File, dunno how to do that though. And I cant atm but ive been playing since 2009 and I am A LOT better than before. I play finger-style now and I love it but yeah As someone who isnt a beginner at all, I shouldnt be using a beginner guitar. I love my epiphone, but I dont ROCK out on it. I only play soft songs...I dunno man.

I would recommend Ibanez acoustic guitars. They are VERY good for the price. Plus they are all petty much acoustic electric which is a nice thing to have.

And yeah, I might sell it. I'm planning to bring my Charvel back here after I go home for thanksgiving.

I've never been a Taylor fan. They are nice, but overpriced. The 114CE is only about a $500 guitar and there are very comparable guitars for less money. ONLY the top is spruce and the rest is cheap crappy wood. It is also made in Mexico. Mexico is to Guitars what China is to everything else. Not very good. If you HAVE to get something new for the same price you can get a MUCH better quality guitar built in Japan (as good as USA built) from many brands. Ibanez just being one. Go read the reviews. While they are positive, MANY people say that it feels cheaper than the price shows, and it is not the best 'lasting' instrument.

I would never buy a new guitar under $1000. You can get a WAY WAY WAY better used guitar for that price that was originally a $1500 piece. The $1000 mark is where quality goes WAY up in guitars. Like increases ALOT.

Only 2 of my guitars have ever been bought new, and they are the 2 I like/play least.

I guarantee you can get a used Taylor 310CE for $750 used and it is 5x the guitar the 214 is. It is also made in the USA, not Mexico. It is built with proper materials throughout.

Guitars are actually something that are BETTER to buy used. You get a BETTER quality instrument used vs. new. I can explain why if you like, but Google can too.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes indeed. Going to add one when I move to Skylake here in a month or two.

D

Deleted member 217926

Prices are pretty darn reasonable for the performance. Way cheaper than the slower Intel 750. $350 for 512GB and that will probably drop a bit in a few months.