The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 578 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

One Plus Two looks pretty sweet. I like Sprint but the availability of new phones really sucks. I want to get the new Microsoft Lumia but it's not coming to Sprint anytime soon.

This may sound dumb but what is AMD coming out with at the same time Pascal is released?

I don't know - I haven't seen anything. AMD usually releases their GPUs around August / September and NVIDIA releases theirs in April / May. I haven't heard of anything new in development at least for the time being. Maybe we'll hear something around when Zen is finally released.

Well Nvidia released the 900 series in August with the 970 and 980 so we never know. And from a quick search, I found an article on Kiotguru stating AMD said there will be two new GCN cards laucnhed in 2016 on a 14nm or 16nm die (probably 14). I'm guessing a 490 and 480? http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/amd-promises-two-new-gcn-gpus-for-2016/

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
I would really like to replace my iphone 6 plus with something like a Note 5, but it's not cheap here.

Debating about selling the iphone, and get something like a LG G4 unlocked for $625 at amazon, or a Nexus 6 for $499 at the nearby PC store.

The iphones usually have the good resale values, so it shouldn't be a problem making some money back.

D

Deleted member 217926

The VS series is often a much better choice than the locally available power supplies in the markets it's sold in. I'm not sure why a VS450 and a 4690K is a bad idea? Probably handle a 4690K and a GTX 970 easily. Not my first choice certainly but it's not going to explode your computer either.

Just curious, what is really the difference in laptop I3, I5, and I7 CPUs? It seems to me like both the I3 and I5 are two cores, and even some I7s are two cores with hyperhtreading. Anyone care to explain how they all differ, because it seems inconsistent with desktops?

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
So there's a active shooter( third out of three) and I was 8 minutes away from the site of the shooting.... Currently at home with my mom and little brother... AFAIK 14 confirmed dead and 29 wounded. My aunt works at the hospital which has received wounded.... God bless anyone and everyone involved with this

D

Deleted member 217926

I would be too if it was right down the street. Everybody OK?

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

From anyone I know, yes. One of my teacher's had his other half that has a job who frequently visits the Center, but today wasn't a day like that.

So far, two suspects dead(one ID'ed) and one suspect in custody. The one in custody, they aren't fully sure, so there are checkpoints and a search is on going. Bomb squads are at three sites due to an IED(Pipe-bomb or trap) used.

If everything is better by morning, that I shall be at school(which is closer). Otherwise, I'll be in Fontana for the rest of the day until we come back home around 3 ish.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I really don't like to advocate for Samsung phones anymore due to the massive bloatware the steps that Verizon and Samsung take to lock their devices down. I suggest getting a nexus or a LG V10/g4 to everyone currently. If they stick with Apple for whatever reason, they have only two new devices to choose from.

g-unit1111

Titan

And this one is way too close to home for comfort for me since I live about half an hour from where it took place. Scary.

I'm not worried. All I do is text/call/email/internet. Nothing fancy.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Same. I'm not even going to school today because of it(mom as always).

@tiny
I see.