The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 579 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
The bodies weren't even cold before certain elected or appointed parasites were already calling for more gun control. "The mass shootings will continue, until you let us take your guns." Did they miss that the shootings occurred in a "gun-free" zone? Just one citizen, exercising his right to keep and bear arms there might have stopped it.
[/grapes]

Definitely getting into GRAPES, but there are solid arguments to both sides of that.

I would like to see a statistic for how many times a civilian carrying a gun was able to successfully save lives by taking out a known target during situations similar to this one.

RussK1

Splendid
I'm in Vermont and EVERYONE here has guns (70% or so) and no shootings (other than hunting and target practice) . Criminals won't come here, the people will shoot back. There's a reason why it's the safest State in Union. Right across the border in USSR MA, with laws like CA and has 8+ cities ranked in top 50 most dangerous in the country.

On another note, Tiny I thought you'd get a laugh out of this.

"Used" balljoints - :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001CA8PUY/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1449185230&sr=8-1&keywords=MOOG%09K80629&condition=used

RussK1

Splendid
Guns cause crime right? I mean that's the argument the left stream media propagate (yeah I watch MSNBC from time to time)... in that case, we should have the highest per capita gun crime rates in the country. Ironic, that it's just the opposite. The fact we have the lowest per capita gun crime rates with highest gun ownership. Teachers at schools carry...

RussK1

Splendid
I agree. But it's a big deterrent... an example: people are less likely to break into a home knowing the homeowner and surrounding neighbors are packing heat. Same goes for robberies, car jacking, et al.

Vermont is rural but not as rural as one would think. Troy NY, Albany NY, Pittsfield MA are just a stones throw away from where I'm located (Bennington County).

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Heres a before shot. Will post new pics tomorrow once i put together my pc and get it going.

http://imgur.com/a/cnTUp

Now sure how to post pics from imgur on this forum without clicking link. Anyone know how to?

img

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

IMG tagging
"[.IMG][\.IMG]" (w/o quotes and periods)
Put the URL of the Image there. Imgur gives you what all done up when you upload.

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Its the Paul Allender edition. The guitarist from Cradle Of Filth (fav band). So i wanted a upgrade from my gio ibanez that was a pile. So i bought this used for around 450$ last xmas. I havnt had one problem with it all year. Nothing has gone wrong on it. The fingerboard is great. the weight distribution is amazing. Sturdy. Not cheap. Paint job freaking love itttt. I got the passive pickups and i cant pick with actives for whatever reason. I play pretty much only metal. Amazing guitar, i wouldnt hesitate to buy another PRS honestly! Extremely good quality

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/unclebigbrown/media/prs1.jpg.html

The "SE" PRS guitars are like the Epiphone of Gibson correct? That's how I understand it. Like they are made by some other company under contract for PRS in Asia? They are still excellent guitars, I have played many. Glad you like it! I'm in the market for something new (used).

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Yes the SE PRS are also made in Korea. What genre you play mate?

Everything. Mostly various metal sub-genres which is funny because that's not the music I listen to most. But I play everything. Country, classical, punk, classic rock, alot of funk recently, bust mostly speed metal. I try to stay well rounded. I also play banjo, mandolin, and ukulele, and bass guitar as far as string instruments go.

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Dang that sounds tight. Nice lineup of strings you play!

Thanks. I used to play violin as well (up until 2010 when I graduated HS) but I have not not really played since.

While you have a valid argument, there is no denying that countries (particularly a lot of the ones in Europe) that don't allow any guns in the country have such a lower murder rate. There is a difference in a country that allows guns having gun-free zones. Gun-free zones are basically a call for a gunman to go shoot up the place. But many countries out there the entire country is a gun-free zone, and it is true that the murder rates are very low.

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I played Violin for about 2 and a half years, and when I moved back to California, money was tight, still it, and we couldn't afford to rent/buy one.

So now the stereo broke? Radio works fine, but the speakers pop and make screeching noises for half a second every 10 seconds. For the disks, it is stuck on busy, and if you change the disks, you can't hear the mechanism itself... Eject/Load doesn't work, and that light on the cd insert flashes red. Lets see how common this is on the Acura forums...

http://acurazine.com/forums/audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/just-did-imposible-fixed-my-cd-changer-795630/
That guy had the same problem, same as my mom guessed...

If it's too expensive/complicated to fix, AUX cable.

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Well got my new build put together and everything installed. Booted up WoW and was like damnnn my fps is low. Took me forever to find out with was SSAA 4x. Didnt realize how taxing that was on your system. But man it did look good having that on! back to MSAA i guess -_-