The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 643 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

Need it for my associate's degree. Very slowly but I'm getting there! :lol:

I'm starting to understand relativity more. Sort of weird but actually makes sense. Like if you are playing a song on a super fast spacecraft flying away from me and I am on earth and somehow have superpowers and can hear your song from where I am, while it may seem to be 3 minutes for you it may seem to be 10 minutes for me.

See I want to want something but there's nothing I want now. What can a man do when his wanting is the epidemy of what he wants?

g-unit1111

Titan

The class I'm taking right now is Math 141 - College Algebra. It's essentially pre-calculus. I'll be taking calculus either next term or the one after. I'll probably take chemistry next term to get the science requirement out of the way.

Hey stick, lots been going on. Hi everyone.

Done with my first semester of senior year..joined this thread as a freshman...applied to colleges. Times have changed... Ummm..Idk what else. Not into gaming but I have bf1..yeah my PC is worse now I traded parts with my bro for his Mac and then the Mac went to my sister so I didn't benefit anything. Enough about me though-how have you all been? Happy holidays!

Gunit - I help my brother with that same college math, I'm in precalc now. I can help if you need it haha. Got a 97% in the class :)

Tiny- Hey, nice to see you're still into PCs. My hobbies now are just aviation and Guitar, which I spend 90-120 minutes daily on lol. Anything new?

No remarkable system changes for me. I did just now replace my refurb M510 with a new one, as the refurb was always a little erratic. I bought Grim Dawn and its DLC from Steam for ~$21, but no new hardware. I've not run that yet, but have an extra day off coming up. I've got a couple of articles to edit, but should have some game time as well.

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
Upgraded to a Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming last night, and it's amazing. Doom for a example, ran beautifully compared to my gtx 770. Might need a new PSU thou, PC has been turning off, and turning back on when I'm gaming. Seems like the AX760 is giving me problems.

Bad changes for me lol. Using an AMD FX8370 and an asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo. Yuck...I dont care anymore though. Lol

That doesn't sound too bad (assuming you're not trying to OC). I never did any performance comparisons between Omega (FX-8320) and Enough (i3-6100), but each of them seemed to bog down at times, convincing me that there can indeed be merit to the "moar cores!!!!" argument. Enough wins on power consumption though, hands down. As little as I use it, I may put its i3 into Igor and just use that one's Pentium in Enough. If that turns out to be insufficient, it will justify an upgrade; an excuse to try one of the new Zen/Ryzen chips.

Edit: Hmmm, that's it! An AMD machine will be a purely experimental system; a lab monkey. It will be named "Rhesus." I just hope it won't throw poo.

I sold off one of my 1080's as it was not being used anyway and purchased some home audio stuff as im trying to get my home theater going. Got a marantz a/v receiver, klipsch center and tower speakers and a veledyne sub. I am currently using my 4 other yamaha speakers for the rest of the 7.2 setup until i get my klipsch rears and surrounds. Also picked me up a 4k samsung 65 inch tv :D. Movies are now awesome!

new office, same old build, but new chassis to look pretty.
2cp2rsh.jpg

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
Well thanks to a lot of help on this forum I've finally semi completed my build. I'm happy with it but already have a series of planned upgrades. Here's my current build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0BTH38v2U I'm getting rid of the H60 in there in favor of a 120mm CPU cooler. I'm also going to sell my Zotac GTX 1080 Amp edition once the 1080 Ti's become more available. I say in the above video that this case probably isn't good for water cooling but eventually I want to set up a custom loop. Do you guys think I can fit a custom loop in here? If not can anyone suggest a few cases that would fit everything and look good?