The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I wasnt getting it today...i played a lot today and i completely forgot about it. I also ran unigine heaven for 8 hours over night, Need to do so again. but i wasnt getting that black thing during that.

If you didn't wear the coil whine out with a whole overnight session of stressing it, I would probably guess that it isn't going anywhere. You can try again, but if it does nothing again, I would stop trying personally as it will probably not be going away.

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I'll be getting the GPU mount today and I've been wondering how I should mount the radiator. What I want to do is make it exhaust out of the bottom of my case. There was four intake fans on the front so it would have plenty of fresh are. The problem is my psu sucks air in from the bottom of the case so it will be getting some of that hot air. Does anyone think that will be a problem? its a Corsair CX750M

Lutfij

Titan
Introducing warmer air into any component isn't advised, not when you have other options to explore. You can go with the traditional, proven route of having the radiator as an intake and reduce component temps. The C70 is a case with good airflow and any or all warm air will be exhausted via the top or the back.

Provided you didn't flip those fan orientations...?

RussK1

Splendid

I agree. Exhausting at bottom the hot air will rise and be pulled back into the case defeating the purpose.

From the pictures on Newegg he could mount the PSU and radiator on the bottom as intake. Which would be ideal IMO...

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
airflow_zpsec7913f2.png

This picture shows how my fans are currently setup. I wanted to get as much fresh air to the H100i as possible. I like the idea of exhausting it out of the back. I just hope the G10's design will let me do mount it there and that it wont get in the way of my H100i.

My fan setup": PSU fan is at the back on the AIR 540 so it doesnt matter but the fan is poiting towards the open holes. 2 front 140mm intake, 2 top 120mm Exhuast (push) on h100i, one rear 140mm exhaust...i have 2 more fans...wish i could use em.

RussK1

Splendid

I'd try to mount the H100 in the front and mount the G10 on the bottom (both as intake as with the side panel fans). The rest as exhaust, but I'd try to figure out a way to get a fan on the board, specifically the VRM.

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
The G10 was waiting on me when I got home from work. I have it installed and everything setup and its is idling at 30-32-c which is about the same as the stock heatsink.

Mounting to the front of the case would be nice, but I don't think the tubes are long enough to reach.. if I mounted it to the back of the HDD cage there wouldn't be any room left on the bottom for the H55.

Its defiantly not as clean as I hoped.

Here are some pics...
IMG_20140311_181425_zps9cb182f7.jpg

IMG_20140311_181449_zps0768d7c7.jpg

Well those tubes have to go somewhere.

I do not think it looks back. I am sure the load temps will be better than stock. I cleared about 30c at load from stock(with a gtx 670 modified to not require a shim.). Image Link and Yes that is an AthlonXP cooler for the vrms :)

The front fan may be an option if you have a very deep shroud(to attach right to the front).

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Just ran the 3DMark demo and the highest temp a saw was 44c. last night I ran it on the stock cooler and it reached 62c.

I should be getting my IC Diamond in the mail tomorrow so I hope that keeps it even lower. That means everything comes back out and new thermal paste goes on. I will also look for alternative options to mount my radiators. In the near future I am going to push/pull the H100i, but this case wasn't designed for that so I'm gonna have to get creative.

RussK1

Splendid

Mount the G10 on the bottom next to the power supply.

I have never had fan speed or number of fans make any kind of difference with temps. My current setup is two 120mm intakes at front, one 140mm exhaust at top and h60 in push pull at rear as exhaust. The case fans are connected to a fan controller. With them at lowest setting (so slow you can see the blades spinning), the CPU and GPU temps at load are identical to the temps when the fans are going full tilt. No difference at all, not even 1 degree. I also tried adding another top exhaust which changed nothing at all and a side intake that actually raised the GPU temp by 2 degrees.

The system sits at 57c-CPU and 74c-GPU at 100% load for both for infinite time no matter what the fans do. Also switched the h60 to intake for laughs and nothing changed but the GPU ran 1c hotter presumably because the h60 was blowing the hot radiator air into the case. I changed it back to exhaust and left it like that.

weird.

Interesting. When I was testing fans I had different temperatures for sure.

But it was only a few degrees TOPS(I only got a span of about 2) between most fans of the same speed.

This all depends on the cooling system as well(fixed vs dynamic). An auto controlled system like that on a video card will try to hold the temps in a certain region.