Question The monitor problem

Mar 7, 2023
I have an unusual problem with my four ASUS monitors: one 1080p monitor (240hz) over HDMI, and three 1440p monitors (144hz) over DisplayPorts. After updating to Windows 11 about a year ago, I discovered that my side monitors' refresh rates were set to 60hz, so I adjusted them to 144hz in the Nvidia control panel. However, this caused my right monitor to disconnect and not be recognized by the PC. Even when I tried setting the refresh rate back to 60hz, the problem persisted. I attempted various solutions, such as rolling back drivers, reinstalling drivers, and switching display ports, but none of them worked.

When I turned off one of the screens connected via DisplayPort cable, the screen that wasn't displaying any signal suddenly reconnected and worked properly. However, once I turned the other screen back on, the disconnected screen lost connection again. I attempted switching the DisplayPort connections on my PC, but the issue persisted, with the other screen experiencing the same signal loss .

Currently, I've managed to work around the issue by disconnecting one of my monitors, so that I have one HDMI and two DisplayPorts connected. However, if I connect all three DisplayPorts, the disconnected monitor issue reoccurs. I am unsure if this is a bug with Windows 11 or a problem with my graphics card, so any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think by default 30 series is capable of making 4 clock signals. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Display Port 1.4a should be able to do 251 hz at 8bit or 205 hz at 10 bit.
HDMI 2.1 should have no issues either with actually more bandwidth, though you would be limited by the monitor's bandwidth.

If it was a bandwidth problem, no idea why once set to 155hz it could then no longer work at 60hz, that doesn't make much sense.

You can check if there is a vBIOS update for your specific card, that might solve some issues related to Windows 10. Latest driver won't hurt either (well at the moment, next to the latest driver, not sure they have released the fix for the CPU usage bug). And you should go ahead and do a clean install using DDU.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html