Question The strange + uncertain - PSU Issues + video card + boot up ?

Sep 10, 2024
Never had an issue like this.

Hubby's pc stopped turning on - turned off on it's own and though he just got a new PSU less then 3mo ago the logical thing to blame was the PSU.

We on a whim turned it back on after cleaning it and sure enough it is working. However it has kept giving issues. I don't have the exact name unfortunately but besides that we had it cycling through boot systems and go to bios. We tried several things to fix the boot data but nothing when based on the three or four sites we looked up was available in the bios.

We turned it off, double checked cords because we assumed perhaps it was a hard drive issue, we even tried to install Windows via flash drive on to one of the other hard drives but all three showed up when attempting to do so. He attempted to repair the main and it gave him another error message.

We also are having it state upon turn on randomly:
"Turn off and ensure the PCIe plugs are connected to video cards" which they are.
At this point I unplugged and replugged everything in and it's still either giving the error concerning the boot, or something about IPv4, and the graphics error mentioned above stating we need to plug it in.

Could it be that the PSU is still having issues and a new one will resolve these issues, and if not what suggestions could be offered to even try and point us in the right direction?

Ty in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Sep 10, 2024
most of that information we unfortunately do not know as it came with the computer when we purchased it in 2017 and only updated the ram and PSU. I know that's not very helpful but everything was working as it should until this issue.