[SOLVED] The UEFI don't recognize my USB

pikachustar321

Prominent
Nov 13, 2018
So i were going to install windows on my new m.2 ssd, at first it recognized my USB, but i could not install windows because i had to change some settings in the boot menu before the windows installer could. I turned off the CSM and changed the OS type to Other OS in the secure boot menu. When i saved and rebooted it would no longer recognize my USB, i tried to change the settings back but it still would not recognize my USB and i dont know why.

Solution
Motherboard: asus z370-p
Cpu: intel core i5 8600k
Psu: corsair cx750
Gpu: gigabyte gtx 1080 windforce
Ram: kingston 16 gb 2666Mhz
M.2 ssd: corsair force mp600
Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
You should not need to turn off CSM and change the OS type to Other OS. The USB key will be recognized as Windows as long as you used the Windows Media Creation Tool.
Motherboard: asus z370-p
Cpu: intel core i5 8600k
Psu: corsair cx750
Gpu: gigabyte gtx 1080 windforce
Ram: kingston 16 gb 2666Mhz
M.2 ssd: corsair force mp600
Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
You should not need to turn off CSM and change the OS type to Other OS. The USB key will be recognized as Windows as long as you used the Windows Media Creation Tool.

Solution
Aug 18, 2020
I guess the pen drives format matters too, and it needs to be "FAT32" not NTFS so make sure to check that also, if not download power iso, select convert files to IMG and start it, then download Rufus and burn the IMG file to the pen drive(Rufus does everything automatically including the type of partition and stuff just like the win 10 media creation tool), then try to install it and if it still dosent detect the pen drive, then its something to do with your BIOS and idk what could be done other than resetting the BIOS tbh