The Windows Phone 7.5 Review, A Month-Long Experience

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

menilman

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I've been thoroughly enjoying my Lumia 800 for a few months, but the calendar sucks, big time. The reviewer here says ".... a] monthly view that would be harder to see....."
I say BS. A monthly view works fine on iOS and Android with same screen specs. I downloaded the "Live Calendar" app, and monthly view works great, so what's up, MS? The drawback of that 3rd party app is that you can't add or edit appointments, you have to do it via the official WP calendar or WLM/Hotmail.

AlExAkE

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
@rebel1280, Skype is official version 1.0 i believe and is on Marketplace. I at least have it, don't know what's up with you but Skype works. I only hate the fact that in order to receive calls you need to have the app open, and if you are in the middle of a call or press the OFF button the app shuts down. What a let down by Microsoft. Otherwise, it is just like iOS and Android. I cant wait until WP 8 Apollo to fix that. Also, Facebook app for WP sucks, sorry I dislike iOs or Android but their FB is way better. And 2 more thing, WHERE IS THE APPS INTEGRATION with contacts and PeopleHub like iOS and Android, I hate to admit it since I use HTC Titan from ATT, but hell I am not promoter for neater OS, I just prefer things from each one... Otherwise I don't plan to switch to their OS now, I am happy with Windows Phone. Notification and toast also need to be addressed. My hopes are for WP8 Apollo.

loop9696

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
i make a terrible mistake and i throw my money in buying nokia lumia 610 with win phone 7.5, This device is not a smartphone is not a pocketpc is just a silly try to copy iphone, is apiece of junk, a flashy shiny piece of junk like iphone and android phones, i had many win mobile devices my favorite was htc diamond and glofish x600, and of course hp ipaq h5550, i dont want using silly software like zune or i tunes or ....., I JUST WANT to drag n drop files immediately to my device like using a usb flash drive all type of files pdf doc xls and video music and pics, WHY they are making our life more difficult? i just hate this device i want a POCKET PC not a toy or a psp

G

Hey!
How about syncing contacts from a Mac to the windows mobile 7.5.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.