Question There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator.

Jun 7, 2022
For about a month or so I havent been able to open the Microsft store or any apps that use it. So today I completely factory reset my PC and now the microsoft store or any of its apps arent here. Also whenever I download any installers for non microsft store apps it says "There’s a problem with this app. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator."

Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043, 1706)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022
update 1: I tried using run > services.msc and there is no "Windows Firewall" some I think that may have something to do with it

All the things I cant open so far:
Any 3rd party programs
Registry Editor
CMD Prompt
Powershell
Microsoft Store or any MS Store apps

I had a similar problem a little while ago, I couldnt open any windows app's and windows security wouldnt open whenever I clicked on it plus it kept saying the firewall had been switched off and I couldnt switch it on,(it also wouldnt let my norton firewall open.) a clean install of windows was my only option and all working ok now.

Aug 21, 2022
I had a similar problem a little while ago, I couldnt open any windows app's and windows security wouldnt open whenever I clicked on it plus it kept saying the firewall had been switched off and I couldnt switch it on,(it also wouldnt let my norton firewall open.) a clean install of windows was my only option and all working ok now.
How did you install windows?