Question This may be a weird question but can a faulty front panel power switch cause a boot loop?

CyberBird

Honorable
Apr 24, 2017
As the title says, Ive been having an issue where my pc would randomly turn on and off by itself even if it was previously shut down. It won't even POST just ON for 2-3 sec, off for 2-3 SEC and repeat. After some testing I thought why not try and remove the power switch and just short it with a screwdriver and I had no problems for a few hours. so I decided to put it back to test and immediately it went into a bootloop right as I switched the PSU on. It is most likely the cause but it seems such a bizarre problem I wanted to ask first.

SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gtx 1060 6gb galax
Gigabyte b450 Aourus Elite V2
G.Skill Flare X 3200 mhz (downclocked to 2333)
Seasonic s12II PSU
Kingston 120gb SSD (boot drive)
NZXT S340 Elite

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Reset is exactly how it sounds. Takes an On condition pc and forces reboot and bios retrain by bypassing cmos. If the pc is in an Off condition, that requires the power +/- be momentarily shorted, either by paperclip or power button.

Once that signal is sent, the power button is generally rendered useless except as a 5 second delay instant Off.

Neither causes a boot loop. Boot loops are caused by a corruption of the bios by cmos settings, or by a corrupted bios or corrupted sys files.