G

i am having problem with my diamond V770 (TNT2) and win2k..... i've heard many ppl saying that win2k is very stable... but my new installed win2k keep on giving me blue screen after using it for a while...
the blue screen shows....
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
address BDAD7A7E base at BDACF000, Datestamp 39c97236 - nv4_disp.dll

i've tried installing Detonator2 and 3 and even the oldest nvidia win2k driver... but there's no luck....
.. could it be that this card(v770) dosent support win2k at all? (diamond never release a proper win2k driver for it)
... can anyone help me out?

my system desc.
AMD K6-500
ASUS P5A mbo
v770 16mb
sb live! value
toshiba 128mb ram(PC100)
windows2000 pro.... (my partition is NTFS)

.... thanks ....

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have a Diamond v770 Ultra in one of my machines and it runs in Win2K with no problem. Have you tried any suitable drivers there are?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://zidane222.cjb.net" target="_new">http://zidane222.cjb.net</A></b>

G

install the lastest .inf files before install any other gfx card driver. however, do win2k support ali chipset ?

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

Raistlin

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a wierd one,
I have a viper 770 and newest 6.31 detonator 3 drivers
i am duelbooting win98se and win2kpro.
Under win2k it says i dont have agp texture accel support
(display tab of dxdiag) but under win98 it works fine.
ALso one of my friends has same setup and drivers and it supports agp texture accel under win2k.
I have tried reinstalling drivers and DX7.0a and Dx8
i even reinstalled win2kpro still doesnt show agp texture accel.

Wierd ehh?

Bored, Certified Tech

G

I had the same problem on my comp. I have a CUSL2 asus board and the V770 TNT2 32 card running win2k. I had a lot of lockups especially with the det3 drivers locking in games and after suspend i would get the big blue screen.
I finally did a clean install of winblows 2k installed my modem and then did the SP1 upgrade from windows update. Then installed the det2 drivers and it hasn't crashed since.
I found the directx 8 to give me [-peep-] too but its up to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts