Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Fallout 4!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdlova

Distinguished
First if i have a original copy i will play the game on hardest way no cloths only bfg3000 and bootle of water. if i don't have the steam code i will play with a cloth of pirate and i will kill everysingle mob =)

arrghushakaboorga

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Personally, I would have to jump on my computer with PBDB (Pip-Boy Device Bridge).
Next I would download the latest Pip-Boy Factory images.
Then I would root and install a custom Pip-Boy ROM so that I can customize the date format on it.
Then I would install a GB emulator on it and play Pokemon in fast mode with the volume all the way up at a table between a Super Mutant and a Ghoul and see who tries to attack me first.

Nachoman64

Reputable
Mar 8, 2015
Would start looking around for a weapon, preferably one of the Kalashnikov types, then I'd search for other people, presenting myself as "Negra Modelo". I would be calling everybody "bitches", because why not, the post-apocalypse and all.

zxcvgvgv

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
I would go back to rural Minnesota and make friends with the six other people who actually enjoy the cold, thus living in perfectly safe isolation with plenty of supplies and minimal imminent radiation since nuking the direct area would be a waste. Plus, corn and soybean stockpiles for life - yay!

I'm excited to be on this mission. It's my first time out of the vault. I emerge from the vault and due to my education and pip-boy 5000 I know I am in the ruins of the Boston Metro area. Poking around I start to realize how much Boston <i>hated</i> the 2nd Amendment of the Old World Document it lived under called "The U.S. Constitution" which was supposed to be the supreme law of the land. I can't find any weapons outside of a few rusty blades and sticks and pipes. I know I need something better than these for the possibility of running into something worse than the rad-roach or mole-rat that sometimes broke into the vault.

It's taken me about an hour or so to make it this far, but I think I found an old police station. Time to poke around. I manage to find a way inside and start my exporation. The first few rooms beyond the cells are small with a table and chairs in them. I see what looks like the security cameras the vault has up high on the walls and some down on the floor, but these are broken and not what I was looking for anyway. As I head further in, I'm glad I had the ax I found hidden behind the building as I find a mole rat charging me. I bury the head of the ax in its head and it stops moving.

I think I found the armory, but its locked. Poking around the small rooms, one of which had some captain's name on the door, I find some keys laying about buried in a drawer that was stuck. Taking new found keys back to the locked door, I try to unlock it. I had to be careful doing this as the keys were hard to turn and the door was stuck. Not much left in here but a semi-auto pistol and a couple of boxes of ammo that seem to fit it. I pocket the ammo and the gun before moving on.

It's getting dark now and it's time to head back to the vault for the night. Bobby went out last week and didn't come back and the vault leader said it must have been some mutant monster or raiders. I don't want to be caught out here at night. Oh, I also decide to keep my newfound gun and ammo a secret as I want them next time I go out.

IWantDatHammer

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
Wow tough question.

I think I'd scavenge for a weapon, maybe make a makeshift one, and then head for the most out of way drug-store that no one ever went to.

Ascorbate

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Find these things: 1) clean water 2) radiation pills 3) sniper rifle 4) some sort of melee weapon. Then help communities and blast raiders and supermutants heads.

vuga419

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Find out that its too hot or cold outside, the radiation's making me queasy, its all dusty and dirty, and hooligans are everywhere. Realizing this, I'd go back in the vault and wait for another 200 years. Maybe everything will be sorted out by then.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I would make sure I had something or another that I could use as a weapon before leaving, even if it was just a broom. I would dig a small hole that I could hide in near the entrance of the vault and wait. I could likely use supplies from the vault to live for a while. When bandits came to raid the vault, I would try to ambush them and loot some real weapons off of them. I likely would not stray too far from the vault, it is all I would have known and I would find some security, and tactical advantage, in sticking with what I know.

IcePuffner

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
Kick some dirt, mutter expletives and drain a lizard against the wind. Swear louder, look over shoulder to make sure nobody saw that. Spit, wipe mouth with the back of my hand. Mutter expletives.

gstauffer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2015
Personally, I'd start by looting the shelter, and probably using it as a base of operations. Go after small game, bandits and the like, and move up to larger game as it works for me to do so. Maybe eventually become a leader or other authority figure. Or blow everything up. The possibilities are endless!

TCG-CT

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I would head to "Hahvad" to see if I could "wash a cah", then check the "hoppah" for any news on TV! After that, perhaps hold a class on how to enunciate the letter "R" for the locals:)

Status
Not open for further replies.