Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 127 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
I know this isn't the watercooling gallery but could you post the watercooling hardware list in your initial post ? I'm sure there'd be others interested in venturing like you did :)

Nice work actually with the loop [:lutfij:3]

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Hey palladin9479 what corsair memory set is that? It looks really good with the sabertooth and I'm eventually going to be changing out my g skills ram. I'm currently considering a crucial low profile set and the ones that you have.

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
Ok today i finished off the build, i think, by putting in the hd 7770 ghz OC edition ( i did prefer the look of the 460 though ) and tried to hide a few more cables as best i could. Unfortunately there is only so much that can be done with an unsleeved, non-modular PSU and semi management case :p.
Here are some pics :)

IMG_0474_zps2ed54364.jpg

IMG_0473_zps3799f8b9.jpg

IMG_0477_zps3a3fa8fc.jpg

Final specs:
I5 3470
GA-Z77M-D3H
Kingston HyperX 4gb 1333
HD 7770 Ghz OC edition
HDD1 2.5" macbook 250gb
HDD2 3.5" 80gb
GX500W (painted white)
Coolermaster Centurion (custom painted)

Lutfij

Titan
It looks like a Centurion 5 II case...

found these :)
cooler_master_centurion_5_ii_2.jpg

internal-installed_0.jpg

20120330162410.jpg

I know you can be really resourceful mate, grab a bag of black zipties and tie away...you could also use wire loom to bundle up some wires. Like Modo would also advice, fabric tape or black duct tape.

Its a more than a capable case for management. I can tell you from experience, if you're looking for holes in your case, then you're being lazy. Making your own route makes you really creative and worthy of a badge :D

* apparently there's a Centurion 5 club but no Centurion 5 II club.

@ Jakewat - +1!!!

Lots of the stuff came from dangerden or frozencpu depending on what I needed. I used the XSPC bay reservoir + pump because it had good reviews and doesn't require me to modify the case to mount the pump. Previously I was using a LAING DD-12V D5 mounted with a 120mm fan bracket mount and a clear acrylic bay reservoir. Using a Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator, it's fairly large and requires that I use a case on the order of a D800 to mount it, performs like a champ. For the CPU cooling block I'm using an EK Supremacy ELITE, the GPU's are the EVGA Hydros so they have their own cooling blocks, which worked out really well. Standard 3/8" ID tubing and fittings. Coolant is pure distilled water with absolutely no additives. Using a silver kill coil dropped inside the reservoir to prevent bacteria.

Note to anyone going to build a WC kit, only use pure water and don't touch any additives. The dye used inside them tends to break down under high heat loads and you end up with stained tubes and corrosion. Instead use a single cheap isotropically pure silver coil dropped either inside the tubing near the pump or inside the reservoir. The silver will slowly erode away and absolutely no bacteria will form in your lines, even years later. Only down side is it will eventually make your tubes have a slight cloudy appearance.

For the memory I'm using a Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL9 16GB (4x4GB) matched kit. CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
@Lutfij

I played around with the cables and those were the most efficient routes, considering the PSU actually has the problem of too short cables rather than too long :p, but with your suggestion of fabric/ duct tape do you mean to tape the colorful bunch at the bottom as DIY sleeving or what?

Anyway those pics do have the advantage of bigger mobo and parts to help hide cables, having a matx doesn't help much but i made do.
Thanks for suggestions and I would like to see some extreme centurion mods as it can be a very adaptable case :)

*edit: We are all forgetting the when the side is on hardly any cables can be seen anyway, us OCD builders :p

*another edit: the longer i look at my pics the more annoyed i got, so i went back and gave it another and final go to succeed more than before, used some duct tape as DIY sleeving and tied anything that was loose with many mini cable ties, hope this pic almost meet your standards @lutfij :)

Final2_zps0c223501.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Dude !! ! - that is much better than before
Lets do a comparison shall we?!?!

Before:
IMG_0473_zps3799f8b9.jpg

After:
Final2_zps0c223501.jpg

Standards?! I'd have you in my office to manage my clientbuilds cables anyday! How about employment overseas? :D
You've gotten a gold award from me - Gold for your efforts and the determination to achieve that end result.

We may be insane to deal with wires so nitpickily but it actually gives you piece of mind when you're gaming/overclocking/working and ofc you'd be a real eye opener for managing the wires that meticulously! I know I have with my friends(young&old).

* in the case you have a white or blue sata cable is more at home than a red sata cable. But you've got my award :p
** Hey wait a min! - that before pic looks modified!

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
@lutfij

Thanks alot, and lol i would love a job right now.

Don't have many satas on hand nor sleeving for that matter but hey they don't show to much. ( one secret though, i painted the 24 and 6 pin. not the best but still works )

Also what do you mean by "that before pic looks modified!"

Lutfij

Titan
I remember seeing that before pic with more non black cables - most of them from my memory were exposed wiring...or my photographic memory is failing me :p

For those paying attention to the follow up on Jake's management - notice how he is able to add a high powered GPU into the mix in place of the 7770 and yet not have to mess around with cables due to the way his PCI-E cable has been managed.

*Jake - If you were a striker you'd have beaten the goal keeper for a top drawer goal! :)

^ you could shoot for platinum by going for an aftermarket cooler and that dif color sata cable :p hehe

@ Modo - hehe, yeah man, I'm just caught up with alot from the office...good design doesn't fall onto your lap mate :p but I plan on completing both the clc mod and the CM writeup well before mid of this year - hopefully :sarcastic: But your welcome my man! Household needs some looking after (on my end as well):p

**We are all forgetting the when the side is on hardly any cables can be seen anyway, us OCD builders **

True OCD builders KNOW the cables are there even though the sidepanel is on, the aim is to have no cables visible when the panel is OFF
:p
but yes, very good improvements between original pics and revamped one, good job
Moto

dj_crossbones

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
Here is my latest and greatest thing, been working on this pc for over 4 years, upgrading all the time but I have finally got to the spot where I have pretty much maxed out on my AMD platform. I have 3 more upgrades left and one has me a little nervous, has anyone used this soundcard from creative? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102050. When I do this last upgrade I will lose my pci slot and have to change soundcards moving up to the pci express x1. Haven't had much luck with creative in the past either, sounds bad or crashes my computer bur this one has me intrigued because of the burr brown dacs and the rca ins and outs. Anywho not to ramble but here is my build:

Gigabyte UD3-990fxa motherboard
AMD FX-8350 cpu
Asus GeForce 690 video card
16 gigs of GSkill Sniper Ram 1600
Ht claro soundcard that outputs to a NAD 114 preamp then to an Adcom 555II amp to Polk RTi12 speakers
InWin Dragon Rider case
X4 Ultra 1050 power supply
2 LGbluray drives
2 1tb western digital hard drives 1 for music (it's almost full) 1 for the O.S. and games
1 80 gig western digital hard drive
Zalman 9900 max cpu cooler Afraid of liquid cooling
Samsung 24" led monitor

PICT0028_zps805722a0.jpg

Last upgrades will be a second geforce 690 video card, a 1500 watt power supply and maybe that creative audio card. There are some awesome looking rigs on here and I just love how well most of you guys are at the cable management, I am terrible with this but because of 7 case fans and 3 hardrives and the other stuff it is really hard to keep everything tidy. My case looks good with the sides on but is a train wreck when you pull the side covers off.

RussK1

Splendid

You're insane if you go from either HT Omega or Asus Xonar to anything creative. I have to make the move myself, so it's either the HT Omega eClaro or Xonar Essence STX from my now Xonar Essence ST. Prolly will be the STX for the amp and analog out.

Maybe think about getting a 256GB SSD for OS and programs. With only one monitor, I think that would do a lot more for you than the second GTX690, unless you're doing some heavy CUDA processing. You'd also get to keep your existing sound card that way, and not need to upgrade the PSU.

dj_crossbones

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

I was thinking about an ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Ya I might be a bit crazy thinking that maybe just this once creative got it right :D

dj_crossbones

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

I understand that would be a lot cheaper. I know to that intel has the best gaming cpu but I am looking at a well rounded system for games and video rendering, I do both. I understand the ssd will give me better boot and load times but I already have 400 gigs worth of games and programs on my C drive and don't want to go threw all the hassel to reload evreything, guess I am lazy and would rather spend the money. Good thing I am single :lol:

jakewat97

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
@dj_crossbones

If your going to post in a SYSTEMS GALLERY could you please post a pic of your actual system not your setup, i'm just curious to see the internals. Not to sound to annoying sorry.

Pgooch

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
My time to finally post, I have been inspired by both this gallery and the water cooling gallery. Let me start with you guys have some pretty amazing builds. I wanted to wait until I was proud of mine to post it here and now is that time. Even though I have multiple more things planned.

System Specs

3570k @ 4.5ghz, 1. 245
As rock extreme 4
Gskill sniper 4x2gb low voltage
Corsair 600watt psu
Corsair 600t
Msi twin frozr 2 6950 @975 core 1460 memory

Water Cooling

Ek cool stream xt 240
Phobya extreme 200mm
Swiftech mcp655 -b
Heatkiller rev 3.0 lc
Swiftech mcw82
Xspc dual bay resevoir

IMG_20130225_174028_zps441ceb4e.jpg

IMG_20130225_163230_zpse9f024c1.jpg

IMG_20130224_165759_zps11e714e2.jpg

There any beauty rings of some sort i could put over or around the radiator? Been looking around for ideas.

This is my first build since about 2005-06, and my first ever water cooling build. Pictures aren't the greatest taken from my galaxy nexus.

@pgooch

That's a lot of radiator for that build lol, otherwise good job.

For the rad sticking out the top, you can get some grills to bolt on top of it, make it look a bit stylish. Otherwise you can possible look for a shroud, they have some that have a nice sloped appearance though they tend to be designed for specific cases.

RussK1

Splendid

Man that's nice! I'm impressed and jelly.