Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 169 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I love that wood looking pc case, that'd fit on my desktop so nice, without looking like a pc. I just can't for the life of me figure out the airflow! Where's the fans? Where's the vents? Looks like all that air gets shoved into the top(side) compartment and sucked through the psu. Which is pointed down into the undercabinet?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
my dad discovered the Raspberry Pi magazine and thinks it sounds like a lot of fun to design some uses for one. if we get to designing and making some stuff for the Pi to fit in, i'll be sure to post some pics.

so many things you can do with them, it's almost overwhelming

burgessanthony said:
Always makes me realise mine isnt anything special after seeing some of these

yes I know the feeling, but for every toy I get for my system, My gamer wife will always look at me, and then expect it
to miraculously appear in her computer, so everything cost double for me :) He system is identical except in a pink ostrog case and red fans (her requested feature lol)

bdrmSAG.jpg

Yes I know my cable management at the time sucked

(2014) the start
Intel I5-4570 on Intel Stock Air Cooler
Patriot 8GB @ 1333mhz
Asus Z87 Gryphon
ATI Radeon HD 7800 1GB
WD Black 1TB
Corsair CX500
6 Thermaltake Pure 12 Blue LED Case Fans
Windows x32 Home

now its....simpler..

(2016)
Intel I5-4570 on Enermax Liquimax 120S
Patriot Viper 3, 32GB @ 1866mhz
Asus Z87 Gryphon
EVGA GTX 970 AC2 SSC OC 4GB
Toshiba Q300 500GB SSD
WD Black 1TB
Corsair CX750
Windows Pro x64
6 Corsair SP120 Quiet Fans (Black no leds)

Considering the next upgrade to be Corsair HG91 with H75 to cool the video card :)

12/2016 after reading the thread drooling over everyone awesome machines, I decided to spend a couple of hours and redo my wirring
here is the final result as of today. No custom hole making, and was tough with a non-modular PSu, but I think I did not do so bad

NmiGwkA.jpg

pearsonrk

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

This is my current system Arctic Frost. Took me over a year to get it just right. Was never perfect, always something else I could do better with it. Now after over a year, its done. Nothing else I can do with the skills I have to do any better running on air. Except maybe cable combs....

pearsonrk

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

The 980ti's pain to paint and put back together, the only other thing painted is the tubes from the CPU cooler and the SSD.

D

Deleted member 362816

Maybe its just a optical illusion but I think you need to get a bar to correct that Gpu sag. Ram slots to card show a very noticeable sag. Otherwise Amazing setup. Very nice monitor.

D

Deleted member 362816

What video card is that, Very long. Nice build.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
@The Paladin: huge difference. It may not be the fanciest, it may not have all kinds of custom doohickeys and whatnots, it may not even be full of the latest and greatest gadgets that money can buy. But it's yours, you did it, and it looks great. Glad you took the time, should be proud.

thanks, I am rather proud I managed to do it, it was a lot of pulling wires out and " where can I pass this to hide it"
thinking.... lol oh yeah my wife now said " so your doing mine next ahahah"

D

Deleted member 362816

I didn't know the H440 was considered small.

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Intel i5-6600 3.3GHz
MSI H170 Gaming M3 Mobo
Crucial 16GB DDR4-2133
MyDigitalSSD BPX 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD
WD 1TB HDD
Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 4GB
Corsair C70 Vengeance Case

IMG_20161229_011632.jpg

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

thanks! i didn't even see that. the fan is now in proper flow.

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pull doesn't affect the motherboard components like the VRM's and other regulatory circuitry around the cooler to any real degree the way bleed air from push does. It was in this respect that I was referring it to be more effective in placement, and it's a cryorig cooler, so shouldn't have any ram issues. Not sure on orientation, almost looks like it's actually in push, but the cooler is mounted backwards, blowing air to the front of the case