Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

michaeljhuman

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
I figured as I had already loaded up some priors (with the 6950s) I would post only one photo. No problem though, I posted a straight on shot. sadly, the wiring was a nit neater with the power connectors on the 6950. The GTX card's connectors are a bit odd as they are rotated from the 6950 orientation, and inverted from each other.

Meh, still tidy enough for the job man,
I feel the Pcie connector pain though, my 6950's are in the same place and annoying :p
my solution for that isn't the neatest but it soothes my Ocd hehe
I could drop you a couple of tips for tidying things up further but its more work than most are ready to put in,
Good that you were man enough to post the bare shock pics though :p
Moto

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012

Your rig is similiar to mine. Pardon my ignorance, but you didn't WC your gpu's right? I have non reference 670s and I didn't think there was a waterblock out for those yet.

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
That is a sick little computer my friend! Good job, looks great! :D

Those are not watercooled you are correct, but theres no reason one couldn't use uni blocks and ramsinks if F/c blocks aren't available, or if preferred
Moto

nstiver

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY Jeeze man that is a beast. Tell me you have a moniter set up to take advantage of that. Hows the scaling on the third gpu? More importantly, what kind of temps you getting on those gpus and how to you keep them cool?

Uther39

Distinguished

Not much room between those 3 x gtx680s do they get hotter than the sun ?

kolemunky

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005

Temps aren't too bad. Top card hits 80 middle and bottom low 70s. I have a 140mm fan aimed right at them and the 600t provides excellent airflow. I currently am only running 1 s27b970, but plan on buying 2 more by the end of the year. it is rather noisy under load but I work/play with headphones 99% of the time anyway! I use this for autodesk inventor and gibbscam, and play a couple games here and there :sol:

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Here is my first water cooled build.

Specs:
Corsair 650D Obsidian
Asus Sabertooth x79 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3930k
AMD Radeon HD 7970
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1833 RAM
XFX PRO 850W XXX Edition PSU
OCz 120GB Vertex 3 SSD boot drive
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Creative Labs T20 Series Speakers
Logitech G500 Mouse
Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard
and some case lights

Water Cooling(still waiting for it to come in)
XS-PC RS360 Radiator
XS-PC Raystorm CPU Block
Swifttech MCP655 Pump
Danger Den Reservoir
PrimoChill Clear Tubing
VGA:
Swiftech Komodo HD 7979 Full Water Block
Black Ice GT 240 Red Radiator

e2b918f3.jpg

dad06c66.jpg

700105ac.jpg

4db9513d.jpg

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

it's just some desk i got at office depot for i think it was $60. pretty solid for the price

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Indeed i do. Not only cramped but thing blows out warm air on me and it gets warm. I haven't really shopped around for a stand yet but i will get one though once i find one that i like. I will keep it on the floor for now.

RussK1

Splendid

Nice...

Re: Ruskk1's Sig,
'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.'
Abraham Lincoln

I like Lincolns version, kinda snappier :)
@ Shakal, whats the fan by the side window? no grill in the window so....?

Moto

Seems inefficient to my eyes, you take air from the case and feed it back into the case after warming it?
Rads work best with cool air running through them and venting for the warm air to escape
how many exhaust fans you running?
I'm unsure that the rad is performing to the best of its capabilities is all, not knocking you, just trying to deduce a few things :)
Moto

shakal

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
i know the fans it didnt really think through all that good because trying to figure out the tubing gave me so much headache that after i was done i just wanted to finish :whistle: As far as exhaust fans just one the one at the end. Im gonna search around and do my final revision sometime withing next 2 weeks as college taking up a lot of my time. So far things i am planning to change.

1. Lighting. Will probably get some white lighting to bring out the parts better.
2. Tubing. Will probably go with black tubing and get mayhems pastel(red) in the loop.
3. Cut a hole in the sidepanel for the 240 radiator or just get a whole clear side window i gotta look into that though as i don't know how that works really.
4. Move the 240 radiator closer to the psu and add a 200mm fan in the front.
5. Flip the fans on the top rad so they are not pulling air into the case but taking it out.
6.Flip the reservoir upside down so that the tube from the cpu goes to the top of the reservoir that will eliminate that long tube going from cpu all the way down to the the bottom if the res

I'm open for suggestions though.

i hope you have nice monitor setup too.

Sorry for delay, life got in my way as usual :p

Black tubing red dye? we don't usually recommend dyes as a rule but if you have black tubing as well, you aren't going to see it, except in seethrough blocks and the res,
Cutting acrylic can be fraught with problems, its a very brittle material to work with so research that before trying to cut any holes :)
Top rad should be throwing as exhaust anyway, so yes to that
and if you can shorten the tubing/flip the res to allow that then it will look neater, it will also reduce the volume of water in the loop as well, which will affect your equilibruim time but not massively I think
lightings personal, I'm not a fan of it really but if it rocks your world go for it,
post a thread and we can explore the possibilites in more detail without clocgging up the gallery :)
Moto

adamelmore

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I just setup my blog and my first post outlines my unique home office setup, including details of my custom built workstation.

Read more here:
http://adamelmore.net/office/

Specs:
Processor– Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition
Motherboard– ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79
RAM– Corsair Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
PSU– Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 1200W
GPU– 2x ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II
Storage–
240GB OCZ RevoDrive 3 PCI-E (OS / Applications)
480GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III (Storage)
24GB RamDisk (Some applications, browser caches, temp files, etc.)
Case– Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
Displays–
Samsung MD230X6
2x Samsung 650 Series 27” (Portrait)

Office3.jpg

Office8.jpg