Tom's Hardware Passmark-CPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
Noticed that there wasn't a public CPU benchmark thread on Tom's. So I'm starting one. Passmark is a free multi-suite benchmark program, but I'm using just the CPU test for this thread. It's a free 30-day trial, just click "Continue". After the trial expires you can continue to test, but uploading to Passmark's Database is disabled.

https://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst.exe

Some rules/notes you should regard and keep in mind before you post:

1. Use standard settings, especially don't tamper with the "number of threads" settings.

2. Post the screenshot, not a link or plain text. A CPUZ window must be in your screenshot, or your score will not be added.

3. The only allowed tweak is overclocking. No driver tweaks please.

4. You can benchmark any length test, but for accuracy's sake only the default OOTB settings will be added.

5. Please try to keep a low post count unless you have something important to say. No double+ posts.

6. Fake results will be ignored

7. This thread is community (non-moderator) maintained. Results are not always updated immediately.

8. Feel free to resubmit your score as long as it's 200+ marks above the previous score (usually within 5% of the previous). Any lower than 200 is within margin of error.

10. Multiprocessor scores (more than one physical socket on the motherboard) are allowed, just like SLI/Crossfire is allowed on the Superposition thread.

11. You can benchmark any CPU and post a score, even old Socket 478 CPUs. However, only the current version of Passmark will be added (Performance Test 9).

12. Absolutely no flaming, fanboying, or brand-smashing is allowed. Posts like "intel is better than AMD, AMD sucks hahahaha" will be deleted and a moderator may ban your account for doing so.

13. For the sake of cleanliness and keeping order, please only submit one CPU every 72 hours.
I don't want people who collect CPUs benchmarking 20 at a time and cluttering up this thread.

14. Discussion about CPUs and related problems are okay, but if you need help please make a separate thread. This is not a Reddit Q&A megathread.

15. PLEASE save your screenshots as .jpg, .png are larger and take longer to load.

16. Because I'm lazy and there's no reason for it, only the top 50 or so results will be in the chart.

Here's the Master Table:
hTj6dRF.png

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

Asus Z97-AR, i5-4690K @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Intel 750 PCIe SSD, GTX 1070.
mRNhppw.jpg

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Not bad for Haswell.

Figured you'd get here sooner or later.

How much did you pay for your i3? I paid $50 for my Xeon off Amazon. You could probably raise the BCLK a little.

I just installed it and ran it as I normally use my system.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

I was talking to Robert Ban.

But since we're on the topic, you have an unlocked CPU, why don't you uhhhhhhhhh...overclock it?

It is.

Stock is 4.2 GHz/ 4.5 Turbo.

I am running at 4.8 GHz at 1.28V

It will do 5 GHz, but not stable at the voltage I want to run it at, not worth running it at 1.38V.

It will boot fine at 5 GHz and 1.32V, but to get it stable I have to set it to 1.38V, don't want to run more than 1.35V so I don't.

I paid around 50-60$ 2 years ago and i cant raise blck because motherboard is low end h81 and it does randomly :)

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Oh, why is your score so low then? You should be getting 15K+, my friend has an 8700K and he gets 19-20,000 at 5.2GHz.

It's not low, it's on the higher end of the I7 7700K.

It's just some are running at a lot higher OC than I am.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

I mean even the i5 2500K can get to 5GHz. Hell AMD's Bulldozer and Piledriver got to 8GHz.

I know, here it is at 5 GHz...............Never said mine wouldn't do it easy, it's I just don't run it that high normally because I have to run it at 1.38V to run it 100% stable. While 4.8GHz is 1.28V 100% stable...... It will boot at 5 GHz at 1.30V....

All I did was use the Preset at 5 GHz and set the Voltage to 1.38V and ran it. I did all the testing before when I 1st built the machine so I already knew what it would do.

+481 points.

Pass_MArk_5_GHz_cropped.jpg

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Nice, but +481 isn't that good of a boost.

My Xeon at its default 3.3Ghz with a 3.7Ghz turbo normally gets 8200 in Passmark - but with a BCLK overclock and a turbo just shy of 3.9Ghz I'm getting 8968 - that's almost +700 with a meager 200MHz OC whereas your i7 clocks from 4.5 to 5GHz - that's a whopping 500MHz. You have higher IPC than I do too.

Q5TNeeL.png

Something's not adding up, your score should be more than just +480. My buddy's 8700K went from about 15000 at stock speeds to breaking 20K once OC'd at 5.2GHz.

I'll update the score in a bit, I have Arma3 open.

That was 200 MHz, from 4.8 to 5 GHz.

I normally run it at 4.8 GHz.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

A few things:

1. Why non-SLI?

2. Your single threaded score is far too low to be accurate, especially at 4.8GHz, mine's only at 3.9 and my single threaded is higher, your single threaded should be around 2200

3. Mushkin ram is crap

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

I added both scores because they were in the same post but please read rule 13, I don't want my entire lunch break to be adding scores on the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.