[SOLVED] Toshiba HDD + SSD Combo Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2020
I'm new to building PCs, but I built one this week (here's the part list in case that is useful: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/yq7bt8). I installed Windows 10 65Bit onto the SSD, and now I can't access the 3TB Toshiba p300 HDD while the computer is running. It's really confusing me. I know the HDD is being acknowledged as it's available at BIOS, and I could see it on a 3rd part disk partition software (AOMEI Partition Assistant). It's not visible in Disk Management, or in This PC, but it is visible in Device Manager. I'm really confused at this point, and it's really difficult to find any info about it online. I tried searching for a new HDD driver, but apparently it's up to date, and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Do I transfer everything from the SSD to the HDD? I don't want my Windows to be slower but I don't know any other solution.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Oct 16, 2020
does it show up in windows storage spaces?
Yes it does (at least it does now). I actually ended up using the 3rd party software I had that could detect the drive to split it into two drives, and now it shows up in This PC? It's very odd, but maybe it was too big to be a single drive or something. I'm just glad I have it working now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.