Question Toshiba Satellite M55-S1001 CPU upgrade ?

Jan 23, 2023
I'm looking to upgrade the CPU on my Toshiba Satellite M55-S1001. Looking online, there seems to be many models in the lineup, and as far as I know, the fastest CPU in the lineup is a Pentium M 750 (which is quite an upgrade from the base model's Celeron M 380).

Anyway, I was wondering if the new CPU would be just a drop-in replacement, or the motherboards are incompatible. The CPU is most likely socketed, according to the CPU's information I found and pictures of the motherboard online. I haven't opened up the laptop yet because it is currently my only laptop, and getting a new one isn't an option -- I already invested a sizable amount of money into this laptop already purely for the novelty and aesthetic. Additionally, I'm somewhat afraid to tear it apart until I have everything planned out as I'm not really experienced with hardware upgrades.

Finally, rambling aside, I need to find out for sure what CPUs are my options, and preferably which one would be the most powerful, as a high-end CPU isn't particularly high-end 15 years later. As a bonus, if anybody can point me to a reliable source for obtaining ancient CPUs I will award you with a cookie emoji :)

TL;DR: I need to find out what my options for a CPU upgrade are.

Jan 23, 2023
That definitely represents an improvement over a dated laptop. If you can find one, the Pentium M780 is the best upgrade. You can try on AliExpress, but I don't know if the hassle is worth it.

Jan 23, 2023
Will the Pentium M support the Xpress200 graphics chipset? It doesnt list either Celeron M or Pentium M on the supported CPU list, according to Wikipedia.