trojan or virus

I had messenger beta, which was supposed to have the new security update on
it. How could it when I have now lost my Net passpoert with another address.
It took away my password and then when i went to get my password back, using
my secret question, it had changed my question. The question was:who shot
JFK? I got the answer from google but it said it was incorrect. Does anyone
have an answer as to how I can get back my papport, as I need my email addres
for my work. Contact me at nick14374@yahoo.co.uk

It probably WASN'T a virus. Either a friend changed your info as a prank, or
a hacker got your password and changed your info to be cruel. I wish you the
best of luck, I'm not sure what can really be done. When someone has "taken
over" your account I'm not sure of the proper channels to take...

"nickwolves" wrote:

> I had messenger beta, which was supposed to have the new security update on
> it. How could it when I have now lost my Net passpoert with another address.
> It took away my password and then when i went to get my password back, using
> my secret question, it had changed my question. The question was:who shot
> JFK? I got the answer from google but it said it was incorrect. Does anyone
> have an answer as to how I can get back my papport, as I need my email addres
> for my work. Contact me at nick14374@yahoo.co.uk

Greetings,

You will need to contact Passport Services:
http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"nickwolves" <nickwolves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had messenger beta, which was supposed to have the new security update on
> it. How could it when I have now lost my Net passpoert with another address.
> It took away my password and then when i went to get my password back, using
> my secret question, it had changed my question. The question was:who shot
> JFK? I got the answer from google but it said it was incorrect. Does anyone
> have an answer as to how I can get back my papport, as I need my email addres
> for my work. Contact me at nick14374@yahoo.co.uk

well since this happened, my pc goes mad. It seems to swop my mouse buttons
over and when im trying to open another box somewhere, the box shakes and i
cant close it. I cant even ctrl alt and delete it closed. None of my mates
would no my password. or answer to my question. I have recently got back onto
my old email address....somehow the next day i was able to sign in, but still
couldnt change my question....bummer

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> You will need to contact Passport Services:
> http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "nickwolves" <nickwolves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had messenger beta, which was supposed to have the new security update on
> > it. How could it when I have now lost my Net passpoert with another address.
> > It took away my password and then when i went to get my password back, using
> > my secret question, it had changed my question. The question was:who shot
> > JFK? I got the answer from google but it said it was incorrect. Does anyone
> > have an answer as to how I can get back my papport, as I need my email addres
> > for my work. Contact me at nick14374@yahoo.co.uk

Chances are that something you have installed may have had a back-door or
something in it that allowed your password to be stolen. It's unfortunate
when this happens, but it is a somewhat common occurrence.

Bob
> well since this happened, my pc goes mad. It seems to swop my mouse
buttons
> over and when im trying to open another box somewhere, the box shakes and
> cant close it. I cant even ctrl alt and delete it closed. None of my mates
> would no my password. or answer to my question. I have recently got back
onto
> my old email address....somehow the next day i was able to sign in, but
still
> couldnt change my question....bummer
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > You will need to contact Passport Services:
> > http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> > Associate Expert
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >
> > "nickwolves" <nickwolves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I had messenger beta, which was supposed to have the new security
update on
> > > it. How could it when I have now lost my Net passpoert with another
address.
> > > It took away my password and then when i went to get my password back,
using
> > > my secret question, it had changed my question. The question was:who
shot
> > > JFK? I got the answer from google but it said it was incorrect. Does
anyone
> > > have an answer as to how I can get back my papport, as I need my email
addres
> > > for my work. Contact me at nick14374@yahoo.co.uk

i did d/load media player update. Ive now got wm 10. But i did also recieve a
file on messenger which, after d/loading it, i did read that it was one of
the files that was carrying this virus. Thanks for your help