[SOLVED] Trouble with wifi adapter and pcie slot

Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys, I'm new to building a pc (this is my first one) and I'm stumped on what to do about this. I have a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard which has 2 pcie slots. I'm unable to access pcie slot 1 bc it's physically covered by my graphics card, nothing I can really do about it as there's no other way I can really situate it to where I can access both slots so the adapter is in slot 2. The adapter itself is a Cudy WE3000 AX. The problem is that it seems like my mobo isn't even recognizing that the adapter is plugged into that slot, as it doesn't even appear in the device manager or in wifi adapter settings. I downloaded the drivers for the adapter, tried restarting my pc several times but still it's acting like nothing is plugged in. I'm really stumped here as I'm not even sure what exactly the issue is or how to go about fixing it. I don't think the adapter itself is faulty as I just bought it brand new a few days ago. Will I have to buy a whole new mobo or try to find a different adapter? Any help is greatly appreciated

Solution
Hi guys, I'm new to building a pc (this is my first one) and I'm stumped on what to do about this. I have a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard which has 2 pcie slots. I'm unable to access pcie slot 1 bc it's physically covered by my graphics card, nothing I can really do about it as there's no other way I can really situate it to where I can access both slots so the adapter is in slot 2. The adapter itself is a Cudy WE3000 AX. The problem is that it seems like my mobo isn't even recognizing that the adapter is plugged into that slot, as it doesn't even appear in the device manager or in wifi adapter settings. I downloaded the drivers for the adapter, tried restarting my pc several times but still it's acting like nothing is plugged in...

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys, I'm new to building a pc (this is my first one) and I'm stumped on what to do about this. I have a Gigabyte A320M-S2H motherboard which has 2 pcie slots. I'm unable to access pcie slot 1 bc it's physically covered by my graphics card, nothing I can really do about it as there's no other way I can really situate it to where I can access both slots so the adapter is in slot 2. The adapter itself is a Cudy WE3000 AX. The problem is that it seems like my mobo isn't even recognizing that the adapter is plugged into that slot, as it doesn't even appear in the device manager or in wifi adapter settings. I downloaded the drivers for the adapter, tried restarting my pc several times but still it's acting like nothing is plugged in. I'm really stumped here as I'm not even sure what exactly the issue is or how to go about fixing it. I don't think the adapter itself is faulty as I just bought it brand new a few days ago. Will I have to buy a whole new mobo or try to find a different adapter? Any help is greatly appreciated
You have "two unknown and one equation" -- You don't know if your adapter or motherboard is the problem. You probably need to borrow a slot from a friend. There is no way to easily eliminate the adapter (more likely) than the motherboard.
The Cudy website is not working tonight for me (not a great sign)...

Solution