[SOLVED] [Troubleshooting] Fresh PC Build "A2 error" code on boot. Please Help!

Aug 11, 2019
Hello, first time builder here. I finished assembling my PC and when I turn it on, the motherboard gets stuck on "A2" ( Haven't gotten to the BIOS yet). The monitor is just a black screen ( With Orange light). The monitor is plugged into two cables 1) Power from wall. 2) HDMI at the back of the PC. So I think it should be working because if I turn on the monitor by itself it says 'No Display'. I read through forums that the "A2" error means it doesn't register hard drives ( On the motherboard LED screen it says "HDD POST ERROR" ). So I have unplugged the SSD completely tried without it, didn't resolve issue. Tried switching M.2 SSD from right side to left side, didn't change anything. Noticed that there are HDMI ports on my GPU lol so I put the hdmi cable into my GPU didn't resolve issue. I tried clearing CMOS using the button on the back of the PC, turned off power supply while leaving cable plugged in I held the button for about 8 seconds, then turned the psu on then the pc and then it turned on off 4 times and went back to "A2 error code" .

What should I do ? Any help or insight is veryyyy appreaciated!

On top of all of this trouble shooting I broke my tempered glass side panel so I'm not having a great time right now :(

Edit: Forgot to add my Specs:

CPU: i-9900K
CPU COOLER: ASUS ROG RYUJIN 360
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB DDR4-4133
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2TB
M.2 NVME SSD: CORSAIR MP510 1.92TB
GPU: ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI 11GB OC
CASE: LIAN-LI PC-O11 WGX ( ROG EDITION)
PSU: be quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 850W 80+ PLATINUM SEMI-MODULAR ATX

Last edited: