Trying to find an UT 2004 ONS map, can't remember the name..

It was a map with a large river in the middle. The bases were on
opposite sides of the river with about 3 nodes on each teams side.
The weapons lockers were a bit different in that they had ion
painters in them. If anyone knows what this map is I'd appreciate
knowing. I can't seem to find anything on Filefront or
Mapraider.com. (or at least nothing that seems to match the
description) Also for some strange reason it downloaded when I
joined the server but it didn't appear in my maps folder. This also
happened with ONS Stranglehold but I was able to find that map.

check to see if it's still in the cache folder in the ut2004 folder

--
Jose Rivera, MCP
Event Horizon Computers

"Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote in message
> It was a map with a large river in the middle. The bases were on
> opposite sides of the river with about 3 nodes on each teams side.
> The weapons lockers were a bit different in that they had ion
> painters in them. If anyone knows what this map is I'd appreciate
> knowing. I can't seem to find anything on Filefront or
> Mapraider.com. (or at least nothing that seems to match the
> description) Also for some strange reason it downloaded when I
> joined the server but it didn't appear in my maps folder. This also
> happened with ONS Stranglehold but I was able to find that map.

Is there a utility you need to convert the files in the Cache folder to map
files (ut2). All I have in my Cache folder are very large *.uxx files.
What about the other file types that you need with some maps like Textures
files will they be in the *.uxx files?

--
Rusty Shackleford

'What ever happens, happens necessarily'

mhaefner@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net

Remove NOSPAM from E-mail address to reply.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:51:10 +0000, Rusty Shackleford wrote:

> Is there a utility you need to convert the files in the Cache folder to
> map files (ut2). All I have in my Cache folder are very large *.uxx

Yes there is. Beyondunreal.com or similar sites could be helpful..

> files. What about the other file types that you need with some maps like
> Textures files will they be in the *.uxx files?

They'll all be there.. There is also a file called Cache.ini in the Cache
directory.. It's a text file. If you look into it you will see which file
is saved under which name.. Maybe too criptical to search for, though.

--

Bora Ugurlu

mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

"Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> schrieb:

>It was a map with a large river in the middle. The bases were on
>opposite sides of the river with about 3 nodes on each teams side.
>The weapons lockers were a bit different in that they had ion
>painters in them. If anyone knows what this map is I'd appreciate
>knowing. I can't seem to find anything on Filefront or
>Mapraider.com. (or at least nothing that seems to match the
>description) Also for some strange reason it downloaded when I
>joined the server but it didn't appear in my maps folder. This also
>happened with ONS Stranglehold but I was able to find that map.
uhm, well u played it, so u downloaded it. just use ut cache cleaner,
it copies all your temporal downloaded maps, textures etc. to the
correct folders. it even worx for 2k3 and 99. of course just for
windoze. i dunno for linux or mac. btw- i love this map - i had fun in
airstriking cause its so large..
hth

Klaus Bregel <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in

> uhm, well u played it, so u downloaded it. just use ut cache
cleaner,
> it copies all your temporal downloaded maps, textures etc. to the
> correct folders. it even worx for 2k3 and 99. of course just for
> windoze. i dunno for linux or mac. btw- i love this map - i had
fun in
> airstriking cause its so large..
> hth

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try!

Klaus Bregel <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in

> uhm, well u played it, so u downloaded it. just use ut cache
cleaner,
> it copies all your temporal downloaded maps, textures etc. to the
> correct folders. it even worx for 2k3 and 99. of course just for
> windoze. i dunno for linux or mac. btw- i love this map - i had
fun in
> airstriking cause its so large..
> hth

Thanks man, I found it with the cache cleaner, ONS-TheGap-Beta.
Quite a fun little map, I hope the creator decides to release
enhanced versions in the future but it's fun enough as it is :)

JC

The maps you download on a server go to your cache folder.
I am not sure if there is a cache manager ofor 2k4 yet, but it would put the
file from the cache folder in the corresponding folder after naming them
correctly.
Try the link on my sig, maybe there is one there already.

HellSpawn
--
Top posting, it's my right and I am keeping it.
Make me smile and tell me you hate that!

"JC" <onceupon@time.com> wrote in news:408739ab$1_2
@corp.newsgroups.com:

> The maps you download on a server go to your cache folder.
> I am not sure if there is a cache manager ofor 2k4 yet, but it
would
> put the file from the cache folder in the corresponding folder
after
> naming them correctly.
> Try the link on my sig, maybe there is one there already.
>
> HellSpawn

Thanks, someone did point me to one & I got the map I wanted. :) I
assumed at first that these downloaded maps would be saved
automatically but now I know better.