Question Trying to use a dell case with a mobo combo purchase

GLE365

Honorable
Aug 19, 2015
So I usually buy new cases for the Mobo CPU combos I buy on Ebay but I have all these old cases around I am not doing anything with. Mostly Dells, as they have proprietary connections. I've always wondered if I can get something non dell into a dell case.. As I am only a light gamer, ere is what I have:

Dell Inspiron 560 case

Intel LGA 1155 DH61CR
E3-1230 V2 CPU

So anyone play around with dells enough to know exactly what I have to rewire/re-pin? From my research I dont think the PSU is proprietary. The Front panel needs some tweaking though. Anyone know my chances of having to re-pin anything else like USB?

Here's the info that got me this far. Didn't get a lot of help from the dell forums...

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Confirmation-of-pinout-on-Inspiron-560/td-p/7729626

Thanks in advance for any help I can get here...

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
" I dont think the PSU is proprietary "

That is half the battle right there. These big box companies make psu,mobo,connectors,etc just a bit different so the casual user has to come back to them for parts.

I have some friends that used Dell cases with standard (non-Dell) parts. Let me chat with them and I'kk get back to you.