Turn off fans with chasis?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, i have 8 fans aprox, all are connected to my chasis, is the corsair 780t, but in the night i awnt to turn them off and my chasis only "down the speed" but still turned off with all ligh, so i want to know what option should i take
*Connect them to my motherboard (asus formula ix, but i dont have 8 pin fan connector on it)
* Buy a external fan controller
* Buy a new fan controlled by software

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

no, i let the pc on, and the light are annoy in the dark, so i am thinking on what should i do for control the light, that 3 are my options

Right, well yeah your only option is to get a fan controller like you've suggested.

What is the brand of your 8 fans?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

not sure but is a low price cost, you think i should buy a controller fan or a pci extender for fan connection to motherboarD?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

okey so fan splitter or hub ? btw i am thinking on change the entire fans too, so maybe one that come with software controllre ?

what's your budget?

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

Between 15 usd per fan or like 11 usd if I use a hub/splitter

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

Ty! And and controller ?

Like I said, I'm pretty sure any of those 10-30$ fan hubs from deepcool, silverstone, or other known brands should work as long as the pins are the same.

So check on the fans you bought first and see what pin they have (3-pin, 4-pin, PWM, etc..). And then buy a hub that supports the same pin.

If you're going for RGB fans and want them to sync together, it'll be more expensive

patriciogregorio

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

okey and if i want rgb should i have any problem with the hub ?