Question Turned on HDR on PC and screen is now black -LG Ultragear 27" monitor 27GN800-B.

Brando1267

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2015
Short version:
monitor not showing any light at all, power is on (red light). Cannot bring up menu.
Tried power cycling, different plug on different breaker, letting it stay on for while to warm up. This started when I tried to turn HDR on in my PC settings. It just went black and didn't turn back on.

Just moved into my first house. Finally got to setting up my office/gaming area and hooked up my PC to my monitor. Have used HDMI before but decided to try out DPI since I found the cord. Because it was a different type of cable my personalized settings changed. I went to increase the font/icon size and saw a setting to turn on HDR. I turned it on bc the monitor is HDR compatible and my screen just turned black. I waited a minute to see if it was just resetting and then nothing happened. The screen went perma-black and could not even bring up the menu. I turned it off and the red light showed that there was power. I went to bed and left it unplugged to power cycle. I woke up and held the button for 3 mins to drain any leftover power and plugged it back on and it did the same thing. It beeped and then a Black screen. I tried leaving it turned on for a while in case it had to "warm up" and still nothing. Brought it downstairs to a plug that is on a different breaker. Nothing. I looked up the monitor menu to see where the factory reset option is on my phone and tried to guess my way to the factory reset option using the "joystick" and I was unsuccessful.
Extra: my 43" LG thin q ai TV also fell while setting it up. Last night was fun 😪

decided to try out DPI
if you mean Display Port;
the DP cable you are trying to use may not be able to handle the frequency with HDR enabled.
try a better cable.
if previous HDMI worked with HDR enabled, just use that.
I looked up the monitor menu to see where the factory reset option is on my phone and tried to guess my way to the factory reset option using the "joystick" and I was unsuccessful.
the monitor's OSD menu would show no matter what settings the OS had enabled.
this uses an entirely different type of display than your graphics processor.

to test if the monitor has actually failed, try it with a different system;
another PC,
laptop,
cable box, etc..

Reactions: NedSmelly