[SOLVED] TV Display has strange artifacting in a band along the bottom

Jul 26, 2020
Hello there,

Seemingly overnight my TV developed an issue where the bottom ~1/5th of the TV has really heavy artifacting. This band is present both without an input source and with one, and has been tested with several different inputs (all produced the same error). I've attached a few photos of my problem:

MVIMG_20200726_141324.jpg
IMG_20200726_141330.jpg

IMG_20200726_141943.jpg

I've noticed that the band only appears where there is an active image, as you can see in the "No Signal" photo the band only appears below the image. When the no signal box moves, the band follows it and where the band was previously slowly fades away.

My first thought was to open the display and look for loose ribbon cables, which I've done, but after double checking each connection the display still has the issue. I'm afraid that is about the extent of my display troubleshooting knowledge, so I was hoping one of you might have a few ideas. Thanks ahead of time for any help you might have!

Solution
I would say it'll be one of the boards inside the TV failing for that row of image processing.

Time's during Covid might be difficult for you in trying to reach out to a TV / electronics repair shop. But if possible, it's most likely what you need to do if you want to save the TV and not buy new.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I would say it'll be one of the boards inside the TV failing for that row of image processing.

Time's during Covid might be difficult for you in trying to reach out to a TV / electronics repair shop. But if possible, it's most likely what you need to do if you want to save the TV and not buy new.

Solution