Question TV is affecting the main monitor.

Feb 3, 2021
I have a lovely 144 Hz monitor which runs on a DP cable, then I got a Smart 4K TV which runs on HDMI from the same GPU.
The problem is that every time, the TV is off (windows still recognizes the TV) the main monitor is turning full black and back for 2-3 seconds and on every,
this cycle repeats every 5-20 minutes but when the TV's HDMI is disconnected, everything is fine.
The GPU has 3 DPs and one HDMI output but the TV only has HDMI input.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the GPU in question? Make and model of both your displays? You might want to look into you motherboard's BIOS version and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. You need to specify the make and model of your motherboard as well. Work through your BIOS updates if you have a number of them pending, don't jump to the latest version.

You can then turn your attention to the OS, see if you're on the latest version and by that mention which version you're on at the time of writing. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest sourced off of manufacturer's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Feb 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the GPU in question? Make and model of both your displays? You might want to look into you motherboard's BIOS version and see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending. You need to specify the make and model of your motherboard as well. Work through your BIOS updates if you have a number of them pending, don't jump to the latest version.

You can then turn your attention to the OS, see if you're on the latest version and by that mention which version you're on at the time of writing. Then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest sourced off of manufacturer's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thank you sir!

Here are my devices:

Gigabyte RTX 2060
AOC gaming monitor C24G1 and Samsung 43TU7092 4K
The motherboard hasn't received an update since 2018 on which I updated to it last year when I got it.
The reinstallation of the GPU drivers did not fix the issue.
I've tried to run it through my IGPU as I had on my previous TV but my motherboard ports don't have the bandwidth (I think) for 4k 60 but only 4K 30

Some information:
I found out that if I select in Windows ˝show only this display˝ instead of ˝extend displays˝ the issue does not appear. This does work for now but I haven't had the time to test it in long term. From time to time it can lower the Refresh rate on my main display from 144Hz to 60Hz.