Question Two different Brands of RAMs

m2net

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hi all,

Recently i bought a pair of 2*8Gb RAMs ( 3600Mhz - CL18 ), i found a good deal on them.

Now i wanted to add more RAM to reach 32Gb, but i found that they are out of stock, i made some calls to the suppliers in my country and all of them say that they are out of stock and there's a small chance to have the same items again.

Can i buy a different Brand with the same frequency and add 2 slots of 8Gb ?

Hi all,

Recently i bought a pair of 2*8Gb RAMs ( 3600Mhz - CL18 ), i found a good deal on them.

Now i wanted to add more RAM to reach 32Gb, but i found that they are out of stock, i made some calls to the suppliers in my country and all of them say that they are out of stock and there's a small chance to have the same items again.

Can i buy a different Brand with the same frequency and add 2 slots of 8Gb ?
You can buy but no guarantees it would work(properly), Frequency is just one part of RAM compatibility and may not even be most important one. Things like architecture, chips and controller used, latencies and voltage etc. MB, it's BIOS and CPU also play role.

m2net

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
You can buy but no guarantees it would work(properly), Frequency is just one part of RAM compatibility and may not even be most important one. Things like architecture, chips and controller used, latencies and voltage etc. MB, it's BIOS and CPU also play role.

The other RAMs i found, are same Frequency 3600 - same Latency CL18 - same voltage 1.35v and same Module Type 288 Pin