Question UK based third party repair service for GPU that has been rejected by seller for warranty

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
My GPU was malfunctioning, so I took it out of the pc for repair as its under warranty, but when doing so some plastic from the pcie cable got stuck in it so now the seller has voided my warranty. What can I do , and where in the Uk can i fix it?

Normally a warranty claim would be with the manufacturer and not the seller. What brand is the gpu and who is the seller? What was the problem you were having and can you provide a picture of the stuck plastic. I am not aware of any repair services for gpu’s in the UK but we have very good consumer rights.

Reactions: kurdtnz

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
Normally a warranty claim would be with the manufacturer and not the seller. What brand is the gpu and who is the seller? What was the problem you were having and can you provide a picture of the stuck plastic. I am not aware of any repair services for gpu’s in the UK, but we have very good consumer rights.
So, I bought it from Ebuyer. They check it first before sending it to the manufacturer (MSI). The problem that simply happened was that the gpu would lose connection and screen would go black "HDMI not connected", I tried using the integrated gpu and it worked fine. so, when I was about to send it to the manufacturer, I guess maybe the pcie cable plastic must have gotten stuck in it, and the classified it as a "customer damage". So now I don't know what to do. The GPU hasn't even been used for a year yet and now I don't know what to do.

The gpu hasn't been given back to me yet so no pics

MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO 16GB Graphics Card.

PS: I had let them know much before about the problem but wasn't able to send it then.

PSS: Does the Uk really not have gpu repair services? like is my still pretty new gpu simply void now

Last edited:
So, I bought it from Ebuyer. They check it first before sending it to the manufacturer (MSI). The problem that simply happened was that the gpu would lose connection and screen would go black "HDMI not connected", I tried using the integrated gpu and it worked fine. so, when I was about to send it to the manufacturer, I guess maybe the pcie cable plastic must have gotten stuck in it, and the classified it as a "customer damage". So now I don't know what to do. The GPU hasn't even been used for a year yet and now I don't know what to do.

The gpu hasn't been given back yet so no pics

MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING Z TRIO 16GB Graphics Card.

PS: I had let them know much before about the problem but wasn't able to send it then.

PSS: Does the Uk really not have gpu repair services? like is my still pretty new gpu simply void now

Im struggling to understand how any plastic could get stuck from the pcie plug. Are you sure you cannot clear the plastic.

Have you tried contacting MSI UK directly? Id explore doing a warranty claim directly. You may be able to negotiate paying them to fix the pcie power socket while repairing the original issue under warranty. No harm in trying.

I am not saying there are not any companies providing gpu repairing in the UK but I’ve never come across one. I would expect it to be highly skilled and time consuming work with no guarantee a repair is feasible depending on what has failed.

shadidd

Prominent
Sep 12, 2021
Im struggling to understand how any plastic could get stuck from the pcie plug. Are you sure you cannot clear the plastic.

Have you tried contacting MSI UK directly? Id explore doing a warranty claim directly. You may be able to negotiate paying them to fix the pcie power socket while repairing the original issue under warranty. No harm in trying.

I am not saying there are not any companies providing gpu repairing in the UK but I’ve never come across one. I would expect it to be highly skilled and time consuming work with no guarantee a repair is feasible depending on what has failed.
its most likely when I pulled the pcie cable out it need a good tug and the casing of one of the pin receiver things must have been stuck inside or something.

Last edited: