[SOLVED] Unable to find 650M drivers on MacOS Catalina

Benerang

Reputable
May 29, 2017
Hello, I recently bought a mid 2012 MacBook Pro with a 650M in it. I upgraded it to Catalina almost as soon as I got it, but I see that could've been a mistake. For some reason (Even though the OS is over 6 months old now) Nvidia drivers for the 650M on Catalina still don't exist? Am I going crazy or is that what's going on here? I'm saying that because I've scoured the first 5 pages of Google and can't find any drivers from Nvidia or any recent articles describing where the drivers are. Strange thing is, the 650M drivers don't seem to exist for High Sierra either, but the 320/330M drivers do, and those GPUs are from older machines. Can someone help me out with this? Has Nvidia completely abandoned Macos drivers or is Google's stupid algorithm not showing me any drivers? I'm posting this in hopes that someone could direct me to where the drivers are, because I can't believe Nvidia would just abandon driver support for a professional machine like a MacBook Pro, especially when they actually promised to provide them.

Solution
To my knowledge, drivers for macbooks are available only through apple. That means that you need to go to your product's support page and download available drivers from there. I think it has something to do with oem customisation.
To my knowledge, drivers for macbooks are available only through apple. That means that you need to go to your product's support page and download available drivers from there. I think it has something to do with oem customisation.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS