Question unable to install scanner

weybrew

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2016
A couple of years ago I purchased a CanoScan LiDE 400 scanner for my personal use... single user, very light activity. Every time I tried to scan a plain b/w document I would get the error message (below). I tried launching the scanner with Canon's IJ Scan Utility, Windows Fax and Scan, and a 3rd party app, Scan. If I tried long enough one of these launchers sometimes would decide to work correctly. The problem was chronic enough for me to call Canon Tech support... ha. After giving up trying to solve the problem they agreed to send me a replacement.

​Canon did get this one working initially, but after a time before I needed to scan something the scanner once again reverted back to the same recurring failure. I hadn't noticed it right away since my needs are very, very minimal. Once again I battled Canon to get to a warm, breathing tech... ha ha. So, after nearly 2 hours (!) I still do not have a working scanner.
​
​I have tried doing multiple installs, both via Canon's auto-install as well as manually. Canon has made it clear they are done, and with my basic tech savvy have run out of ideas. Hopefully one of you more gifted readers might help. Needless to say, I will be in your debt with any offered help.