Unable to Restart / Sleep system after Changing Mother Board

karthi_d

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Hi,

Recently I have replaced the mother board and RAM of my laptop ( I have got some memory issues). After that I am unable to restart my laptop, when I click the "Restart" in start menu laptop Shuts Down (sleep option also not working ). I am using Windows 7 Home basic on Dell Inspiron 1464 . Please help me to solve this issue. When I asked dell support, they asked me to reinstall Windows 7. Please suggest best way to resolve this issue.

System Configuration :

Dell Inspiron 1464
Intel Core i3 2.13 GHz
4 GB RAM
500 GB HD

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

I would tend to agree with Dell, but you can try changing the settings in the "hope" the corruption is overwritten -> Change ALL of the settings. Shutdown. Change ALL of the settings per your preference:

"If you prefer to always have Windows shut down instead of sleeping when you click the Power button (or its physical counterpart), you can change the button's default setting:

Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.

On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings under the selected plan.

On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

On the Advanced settings tab, expand Power buttons and lid, expand Start menu power button, and then do one of the following:

If you are using a mobile PC, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut Down.

If you are using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut Down.

Click OK, and then click Save changes."

In addition, you may want to boot into your BIOS and Load Defaults.

Let me know IF it works & Good Luck!