Question Unable to turn on HDR after swapping from HDMI to DisplayPort

lekonikama

Reputable
Apr 24, 2021
Hey! I bought a new monitor two days ago and just got around to messing with the settings. When I was trying to change the refresh rate to 165hz, I noticed I was unable to do so with my HDMI cable (could only go up to 144hz). I tried on the DisplayPort cable that came with my monitor and I could see the 165hz option which was great, but now the HDR setting isn't recognized. I
can turn it on through the monitor menu settings, but as far as Windows' concerned the monitor isn't compatible anymore, and I guess due to that it looks a bit shitty. Both the monitor and my graphics card (RTX 2060 Super 8gb) have DisplayPort 1.4 so from my ignorance I don't think it's a compatibility issue, given that I was also able to turn it on through HDMI.
I made sure to update to the latest NVIDIA driver just in case but no luck either.
First time I actually buy a monitor that has these options so not sure if there's any troubleshooting I can try, none of the posts I found online fit my situation and the solutions offered didn't work or don't apply. Apart from the option to buy a new cable and see if that's the issue, which I'd rather do after trying out something else first.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

lekonikama

Reputable
Apr 24, 2021
which monitor is it?
did you read the manual of it?

which resolution are you using?
Can't believe I wrote all that and forgot to add the monitor info lol, my bad. It's a Letine 32' inch monitor, model No:E320A. The manual that came with it seems to be generic of the brand, not for the specific model (mentions a VGA input while not available on the actual monitor) and doesn't mention anything regarding HDR sadly. Was the first place I checked

For the resolution I'm using 1920x1080 (both with displayport and hdmi)