[SOLVED] Unable to update BIOS on B450-F Gaming ?

Oct 13, 2022
So I’m upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to a ryzen 7 5700x and I have to update bios. I have tried ez update flash 3 and it said it wasn’t a proper BIOS file. The AI suite version doesn’t detect any updates and my BIOS flashback isn’t working. Im not sure exactly what to do from here.

specs are:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: Rtx 3060
MOBO: B450-F Gaming
Boot drive:m.2 ssd
My current bios is 4007 I need to get to 4801 to support my new cpu

It should say if you need to. On mine you would have done that you had to update to that bios version before you could go to the next. I don’t see where it specified that. I did see where it said 4702 improved support for the 5800x3d. So you may try to follow the video above and if you can’t go to the latest, maybe try to jump up a couple of versions and go a couple higher if that works.

But if 4702 improves support for the 5800x3d that version should support the 5700x. From the video I posted above it appears in bios they had an internet option? That may be worth checking also.

Oct 13, 2022
It should say if you need to. On mine you would have done that you had to update to that bios version before you could go to the next. I don’t see where it specified that. I did see where it said 4702 improved support for the 5800x3d. So you may try to follow the video above and if you can’t go to the latest, maybe try to jump up a couple of versions and go a couple higher if that works.

But if 4702 improves support for the 5800x3d that version should support the 5700x. From the video I posted above it appears in bios they had an internet option? That may be worth checking also.
ok I’ll try it again and then see if that other version doesn’t work. thank you!

Oct 13, 2022
well I tried it again with the next BIOS up and followed the video but it still called it invalidated so I’m going to call ASUS support tomorrow and see what they have to say

Another thought as well. You may try a different flash drive and make sure to format as fat32. I know when I swapped a drive on my ps3 for example, it was very very picky. I had to be sure to use a usb 2.0 drive formatted as fat32.

According to the video it looked like there was an internet update option so maybe give that a shot as well. Let us know if they can help you.

Oct 12, 2022
Another thought as well. You may try a different flash drive and make sure to format as fat32. I know when I swapped a drive on my ps3 for example, it was very very picky. I had to be sure to use a usb 2.0 drive formatted as fat32.

According to the video it looked like there was an internet update option so maybe give that a shot as well. Let us know if they can help you.

1st time builded pc here. And just updated my bios on b450f gaming II.
I was using usb 3.0 and it worked just fine.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
Oct 13, 2022
yeah I just got it it turns out I have the second one and not the first one which is why my BIOS wasn’t working. Thank you guys so much I was super annoyed with this