Jul 5, 2019
im getting input lag in all my games and i have no idea why. Ive spent hours looking up solutions and tried pretty much everything ive seen, still have no idea why. All my nvidia control panel settings are set to low and mouse precision is turned off in windows. Xbox game bar is also turned off. My refresh rate is set to 144hz. Im using DVI-D, is it possible that my cable is damaged? I read on here that someone had lag due to their monitor not receiving enough power, could this be my problem as well? When i plug a controller into my pc the input feels fine, it just feels laggy with the mouse only. Ive tried swapping mice and the problem is still there.

specs:
monitor: benq XL2411Z
mouse: logitech g403
gpu: 1070ti
cpu: i7-9700k
ram: 16gb 3200 mhz
psu: corsair RM850x

any help at all is appreciated. thank you.

Reactions: SeanTheBomb96
Jul 5, 2019
Next thing to check is: how many sticks of RAM do you have, are they matching, and did you enable XMP to get them running at full speed?

got 2 sticks of rgb theyre the trident g skill and ya theyre both the same. I did enable XMP. However, I noticed that their rgb recently became out of sync and I cant get them back in sync even with the software.

Jul 5, 2019
update: i fixed the lag! i changed my monitor from a benq xl2411z to a benq xl2450, the monitor was the last thing i suspected since mine was designed for gaming. Its either my monitor was damaged, or the dvi port of my gpu or monitor was damaged, as i went from using dvi to displayport when I made the monitor switch. The dvi cord was not the problem as I got a new one and the problem was still there. The input lag is basically gone now. Thanks for the comments and suggestions fam.