unknown account found

I wanted to change the way users log on (no welcome screen) and found an
account I did not know was there. It says it is "ASP.NET MACHINE A"
limited account and is password protected. Could this be something connected
with the system or my ISP? I never noticed it before, It doesn't appear on
the Welcome screen and I wouldn't have known it was there if I hadn't wanted
to eliminate the Welcome screen since I only have one user now. Can I
safely delete this account?
Thanks
Glenda

PRB: Welcome to Windows Screen Appears When You Start Windows XP After You
Install the .NET Framework 1.1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827072

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uE9QrhnnEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Glenda P. <glendanow2000@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

"Glenda P." <glendanow2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I wanted to change the way users log on (no welcome screen) and found an
> account I did not know was there. It says it is "ASP.NET MACHINE A"
> limited account and is password protected. Could this be something
connected
> with the system or my ISP?

It's needed by the .NET framework. No idea why but leave it alone.