Question Unknown FPS drop on 3070 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer27

Honorable
Jun 16, 2017
Hey everyone,

So apparently the FPS for my 3070ti has dropped substantially for no reason. One day I was hitting 80-90 fps 4k gaming, now today it's barely holding 65fps in most games at the same settings. I've done a clean install of all drivers, my pc power is set to maximum., and my Windows graphics settings are all optimized. Does anyone have any advice as to how to improve my FPS with my GPU or is there something I've missed? Thanks for your time.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model if it's been in service for a while.

I've done a clean install of all drivers, my pc power is set to maximum
Can you elaborate on this? You performed a clean install of the OS, then manually installed all drivers in an elevated command or did you let the OS download and install the drivers it thought were right for your platform?

Wanderer27

Honorable
Jun 16, 2017
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model if it's been in service for a while.

I've done a clean install of all drivers, my pc power is set to maximum
Can you elaborate on this? You performed a clean install of the OS, then manually installed all drivers in an elevated command or did you let the OS download and install the drivers it thought were right for your platform?
CPU: I9- 12900
CPU cooler: CORSAIR WATER COOLING
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4
Ram: 16gb
SSD/HDD: SAMSUNG SSD 960 EVO 500GB
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070ti
PSU: UNSURE BUT BOUGHT IN 2023
MONITOR: ASUS PG43U

I did a clean install of the GPU drivers from Nvidia's website manually. Now the frame rates are dropping and I don't know why,

Status
Not open for further replies.