[SOLVED] Unknown Network Related Issue

Dec 9, 2019
Greetings, Tom's Hardware Forums!

I have an issue that has been plaguing my Network for a while now, but it was not until today that I decided to find out how to solve it. So, I have a ZTE Router/Modem (one of those garbage Chinese devices) that supplies a network to currently 4 devices, two cellphones, a laptop through Wi-Fi and a desktop PC through UTP cable. Before you ask, yes, my Router has an optical fiber connection. For some time, I have been having issues with some pages not loading correctly or taking WAY too long to load. The most egregious case so far has to be any "fandom.com" pages, where upon entering one of these the page simply reloads ad infinitum until I decide to manually delete the page's cookies. Afterwards, it will load like normal until I close the browser and attempt to enter it again, prompting me to repeat the same process.

Now, the main page that is plagued by this issue is Netflix. Upon entering Netflix on my browser (I mainly use Google Chrome, mind you), the page will take approximately thirty seconds to load. Once it loads, I will be presented with a barebones HTML-only version of the page, a blank background with black letters. If I reload the page, everything comes back to normal. The real issue starts when I access the main screen of Netflix (you know, the one with all the series, the options, the trailers, the dropdown menu with your account options), and nothing works. It's like it's a connecton-less version of a blank HTML page and nothing works. Clicking on the dropdown has no effect, the trailers don't play and I can't click on anything. Clicking on anything brings me to a dead page and an error. However, clearing the cookies, just like the 'fandom' pages, makes Netflix work again until the next Chrome restart.

I wouldn't be posting this if it was just an issue on my main PC. But the problem is that it is also affecting the laptop's net and my phone's Netflix. My desktop PC's Chrome doesn't seem to be the issue. I've already cleared every inch of Browsing Data and even checked Chrome's version, it's up to date. Firefox seems to have the same issue with 'Fandom' pages and Netflix, too. My laptop refuses to install Chrome unless it is the offline installer. Don't ask me why, I have no idea why. It just gets stuck on the online installer during the 'Downloading' part, EVERY SINGLE TIME. As such, I haven't uploaded the browser in some time.

I recently (today) did a ipconfig/flushdns followed by some commands to delete the DNS Cache, but that did not help either. I did it both on my laptop and my PC. What could possibly be the issue?

EDIT: I forgot, Windows 7 64-Bit Ultimate is my desktop PC's OS, with W764-bit Professional being my laptop's. It can't be a ram issue on my desktop one since it's more or less a professional rig, but it might be the case on my laptop.

Solution
Do you have the modem/router's User Manual?

If not, here is the link that I found. Do verify that the manual is correct for your modem/router.

https://setuprouter.com/router/zte/f660/manual-2018.pdf

Do you have admin rights?

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/zte/F660/9298/

What are the POS and LON LED's displaying?

Have you assigned any static IP addresses within your network?

Doublecheck that no devices have both wired and wireless network adapters enabled. It should be one or the other - not both.

Look in Task Manager for any unknown or unexpected applications being launched at startup. Research any that you do not recognize.

Look in the hosts file to listed IP addresses and host names.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have the modem/router's User Manual?

If not, here is the link that I found. Do verify that the manual is correct for your modem/router.

https://setuprouter.com/router/zte/f660/manual-2018.pdf

Do you have admin rights?

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/zte/F660/9298/

What are the POS and LON LED's displaying?

Have you assigned any static IP addresses within your network?

Doublecheck that no devices have both wired and wireless network adapters enabled. It should be one or the other - not both.

Look in Task Manager for any unknown or unexpected applications being launched at startup. Research any that you do not recognize.

Look in the hosts file to listed IP addresses and host names.

Solution