Question Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

kafungalung

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
about 2 weeks ago i started hearing the connected and disconnected usb sound randomly sometimes several times back to back sometimes 1 time an hour. after finally deciding to deal with it i found some videos and forums and nothing i have tried has worked and im starting to loose my mind from this sound.

In device manager this is the yellow triangle that is appearing and dissapearing constantly.
Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I have tried installing new drivers, doesn't work because it says they are already installed.
i have tried uninstalling and restarting
i have tried showing hidden devices and one by one deleting the greyed out ones and restarting.
I have tried manually installing drivers for all the other usb controllers and still the problem has persisted.

THE ONLY USB devices i have connected are my M&K and both are working fine and i have tested them unplugged and they are not this "device"

I dont know how to add pics to this forum but i can provide them if needed but im sure you can imagine the usual windows device manager lol so here is the info provided in each available properties section.

GENERAL
Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
DEVICE TYPE: Universal Serial Bus controllers
MANUFACTURER: (Standard USB Host Controller)

DEVICE STATUS:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

DRIVER
DRIVER PROVIDER: Microsoft
DRIVER DATE: 6/21/2006
DRIVER VERSION: 10.0.18362.693
DIGITAL SIGNER: Microsoft Windows

EVENTS
INFORMATION:
Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&e658374&0&11 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.18362.693
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&1b824007&0&0

PLEASE HELP lol.

Jun 30, 2020
OK probably wont work but unplug all USB ports use older mouse and keyboards that use the primary hook up on top of your mother board in back then reboot computer you might have a a bad usb device bugging your boot up. a possible thought A bad usb cable coulsd be the fault also

kafungalung

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
thank you for the ideas, i have tried unplugging the mouse and keyboard and the problem persists but ill try unplugging and restarting and see then but i assume its some kind of software issue rather than hardware.